All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
wahy is this happen
      #341091 - 01/21/09 11:53 AM
julieb123

Reged: 07/19/07
Loc: uk liverpool

following this diet and trying hard and i have took medicine but i dont want to be hooked on laxatives so i never took last night and i was in so much pain last night and bloated and now i feel ill i was so lose with BM yesterday i cant be constipated please help please am so upset worse i have ever been

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wahy is this happen new
      #341092 - 01/21/09 12:27 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

For the moment it is best to follow the advice of the doctors and take the laxative. Later when you have your diet and IBS under control and you have had some hypnosis sessions you can worry about how to reduce or eliminate the laxatives. You can discuss this with the doctors at the next appointment.

Just for your information Dulcolax is not addicting because is does not pass through the intestine into your body to cause addition like narcotics do.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#341093 - 01/21/09 12:33 PM
julieb123

really not additive omg thank you i feel so much better
why am i so bloated and have a hard tummy today i just dont get it one bit worries me lots and makes me down i wish i was dead today so much
i just want to be normal

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Hang in there it will get better new
      #341101 - 01/21/09 08:18 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I've had so many days like that. But thank g-d I've been on this diet for such a long time those days are now few and far between. Also, when I do have an attack I can usually pin it down to soenthing I ate or stress. The fear is gone though because I feel more in control.
Make yourself some Fennel tea. Take a day off (if you can) and curl up with a good book or movie. Now is the time to pamper yourself a little. I hope you feel better soon.
Chany

#341103 - 01/21/09 11:54 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

Sweetie -
I'm a lot older than you (59) and I've met a lot of people, but don't know that anyone fits the mold of "normal"!
Everyone has their own issues, some just hide it better than others.
I totally understand, though. I had been doing so much better then ate - of all things - an banana oatmeal breakfast bar late Tuesday night. I had a flare like crazy, constipated, then diarrha, horrible cramps, felt weak and faint, shaking, worried about making to work....There have also been weeks of being sick every day...but, tell yourself, I've been here before and I made it, so I'm going to make it today. Saying all this to say - YOU WILL BE BETTER, I PROMISE!
Like Syl said, stick to the routine the drs. told you and try not to variate. Some days I eat the same thing over an over, but I don't care as long as I don't hurt.
We're here with you and for you - walking through this with you...
((Hugs)) Dorothy

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

#341114 - 01/22/09 09:45 AM
julieb123

just to say thank you for all help i have took so bad i was so bloated and i took laxitives last night and still have not been just tiny bit and had blood in it i was so scared to i call professor whorwell team and i chatted with my doctor and hes asked what been happen he said he wants me in Monday am am so glad

--------------------
ibs c with trapped gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5907 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1562

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review