All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Problems with oatmeal.
      #340749 - 01/13/09 08:50 AM
shadofax

Reged: 01/09/09
Loc: Rhode Island

I noticed that if I have oatmeal for breakfast, I'll have heart palpitations at night. It's almost as if I can't handle the insoluble fiber in it. I know that oatmeal is supposed to be on the safe list, but does anyone else have issues with oatmeal?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Problems with oatmeal. new
      #340750 - 01/13/09 08:55 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I can't do oatmeal it gives me horiible gas and gas pains. I cant even do oatmeal cookies anything with oatmeal. Theres other peopleon here the same way. Your not alone.
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#340751 - 01/13/09 08:58 AM
shadofax

Thanks for responding. It's good to know I'm not the only one.

#340753 - 01/13/09 09:07 AM

Unregistered

I thought oatmeal was SF? Well I really like the maple and brown sugar,but I think there is artificial sweetners or colors in it.

#340755 - 01/13/09 09:18 AM
shadofax

I thought so too, but I noticed it has both kinds of fiber in it. I noticed you have motility problems...mind me asking how that affects you? I think I have that as well. Like one day I'll have one BM, and the other day I'll have 3 or 4. Some days, I'll be so "backed up" I'll have a racing heart/whoozy feeling until the BM happens. It's a load of fun.

#340760 - 01/13/09 09:49 AM

Unregistered

Well I work everyday from 5-11pm and I really need more hours..but I'm stuck at home all day taking care of ibs just so I can work 5-11pm. NO matter what day it is or how tired I am..I must be up before 11am because I drink a whole coffee pot worth of fennel tea everyday..I also go to the bathroom all day because I'll have some stools then some more..2 days ago my mom was taking a shower,she was in the bathroom for like 20minutes..so I went to use the other toilet,the one that has problems..it like leaks water and will flood the floor if not turned off after being used..anyway the time she was in the bathroom...I had been in the bathroom 3 or 4 times. Today I work up not even 3 hours ago...I've been in the bathroom 3 or 4 times already..I went alot..and still feel a tightness or a spasm feeling like I'm going to be in the bathroom later..I feel it below my shoulder blade and down..probly some trapped gas and spasms going on. It's probly a combination of gas,spasms and stool in my side.

I don't even leave the house until work..Except to hurry and get my paycheck to the bank,then rush home..I try to go to wal mart and run errands only on my days off work and plan my trips around the last time I was on the toilet so I'm less likely to have problems in public.

#340762 - 01/13/09 10:20 AM
shadofax

That sounds rough. Today, I took a walk outside to prevent feeling trapped inside near a bathroom and teapot. It's hard not to feel anxious when out and about, and it probably feeds into the IBS symptoms. Have you been following the IBS diet (no fats/red meats/etc.)?

#340763 - 01/13/09 10:29 AM

Unregistered

Well I've had such a hard time giving up food I love..I'm still working on it.I work at mcdonalds so I'm on my feet the whole time..It makes me feel good to make it to work..feel like a normal person..except my insides never feel quite right..but I'm around people 5 days a week,and my 2 days off I'm at home with my mom or sometimes alone during the day,but my boyfriend is usually able to work around his schedule and see me 1 or 2 days a week at 5pm on my days off..so I'm not on the toilet when he visits me.

I'm starting to focus on my new year's resolutions of being more organized and not a slob,following the diet..saving money,sometime I'm buying workout shoes..but it may be hard because then I'd have to get up earlier in the morning and hope my ibs doesn't cause problems while I workout.

Outmeal new
      #340770 - 01/13/09 11:46 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

It has too much IF in it for me. I call it OUTmeal. Most IBS-Cers can deal with it, but a lot of the D-ers on these boards agree it's not for them. Everybody's different.

~nelly~ Pain-predominant IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review