Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
don't think so new
      #340402 - 01/03/09 01:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

we have a CO2 detector.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help with strange condition new
      #340403 - 01/03/09 02:00 PM
Little Minnie

I have looked at the symptoms of Fibro and CFS and I just don't have them. Maybe there is another similar syndrome that does coincide.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

definitely new
      #340404 - 01/03/09 02:03 PM
Little Minnie

I have been thinking about it a lot. Part of me thought it was good because it could be mind over matter and with some different techniques I could improve it myself. Then part of me worries about worrying and causing anxiety. Like if you are already a little stressed about something I would hate to then worry about the stress making it hard to stay out of bed. It would be a double whammy I guess.
So I am just going to keep track of what happens.

--------------------

#340407 - 01/03/09 03:15 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

There may be other clues in the article. I believe it describes other high incidence conditions that produce non-gi symptoms that frequently coincide with IBS. Good luck with your search.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: definitely new
      #340408 - 01/03/09 04:46 PM
Runs No Fun

Reged: 12/02/08
Loc: Long Island, NY

Quote:

So I am just going to keep track of what happens.

That's a good idea. Keep a daily journal of your general mood, what you ate, the weather (sunny, cloudy, rainy, etc.) and see if any pattern is noticeable.

Hopefully you'll find an answer (and share it with us).

Good luck.

--------------------
Saul (IBS - D)

#340478 - 01/05/09 06:13 PM
Little Minnie

I like the point in the article about one's parents expressing more health complaints very often.
Quote:

More frequent attention to mild physical symptoms can be learned, however, and can
become a habit. As with most things, such habitual over-attention is probably most easily
learned in childhood. It would seem reasonable, for example, that a child could get into
the habit of noticing physical symptoms more if his or her parents are always talking
about their own symptoms. We have recently found(13) that the more medical problems
the parents in the childhood home had, the more general physical symptoms adult IBS
patients report. The possible consequence of a childhood where the child grew up with
parents or others who were seriously ill, is a tendency to interpret common normal
physical sensations as symptoms of serious illness. Such a serious view of symptoms can
also be modeled after the parent's approach to common illness. Dr. Whitehead and
colleagues found in a telephone survey of 832 adults 20 years ago(14) that people whose
parents paid more attention to cold or flu symptoms in childhood were more likely to
view such symptoms as serious in adulthood and to visit doctors for them. They were also
more likely to have IBS diagnosis.

--------------------

not to pick nits... new
      #340485 - 01/06/09 06:05 AM
vettech

Reged: 06/08/08
Loc: ME

...but CO2 is carbon dioxide, a normal part of our breathing cycle. Toxic carbon monoxide is CO.

--------------------
IBS-A and GERD since 1983
Low FODMAP since 2012

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5880 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4540

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review