All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Aarrgghhh!!!
      #340136 - 12/29/08 10:52 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I have done everything right. I've eaten right, drank right, exercised and exercised, and did yoga, and drank tea and water until my eyes felt like two corks floating. My tummy is locked up!!! Again, for the 5 millionth time! It's ripping open when I stand up, but my job is sit down, so I have to sit down.

Any suggestions?

I'm ready to take a knife or gun to my gut, as long as it doesn't kill me! I don't want this for the rest of my life. My Mom doesn't want me talking about my stomach, and I know my fiance is probably tired of hearing about it he is just too sweet not to tell me to quit. I'm glad I can vent here, and I'm sorry if I'm being annoying by venting, but I gotta.

This is all I've eaten yesterday/today

Oatmeal, Banana, Soy Yogurt, Edemame with Goji Berries, Old-fashioned banana cream pie from the EFI cookbook, SAFE chicken & dumplings, Veggie patti, sweet potato, pomegranate, protein shake, Acacia Fiber, graham crackers, and some safe Chex mix.

Where did I go wrong?

I think it's about time to start the Self-Hypnosis tapes. I've been trying to wait until 1st of year, but it's close enough!

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Aarrgghhh!!! new
      #340138 - 12/29/08 11:08 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Dear Kappy, I'm so sorry you feel like that! I have days when I feel the exact same way. The thought about slicing my gut open has also occurred to me, just to get it all out. Oh well. I always question why I have to feel that way and not people who eat crap and have perfectly healthy GI tracts!
Unfortunately I don't have an advice for you, I just wanted to let you know that my heart goes out to you, and that you're not alone.
((((((((hugs))))))))))

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#340139 - 12/29/08 11:19 AM

Unregistered

I've actually yelled [censored] you colon or hit my stomach or kinda punched my side.. God I'm stressed today I spent an hour dyeing my hair and showering then I got some hair dye on our old modly shower curtain my moms been yelling at me and stressing me out telling me ibs is an excuse and such..

I feel the urge and can't go..some of it has to do with my body adjusting to my bc pills and I keep getting spotting and my period.. Feel bloated and uncomfortable..

Maybe check the ingredients of anything u eat? like I was looking at some soy products and found whole eggs in some of them so I didn't buy them..Maybe try stopping the beach body supplements and see what happens?

#340142 - 12/29/08 11:39 AM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Im IBS A.. and when I Have been C & Worse comes to worse I have done enema with just plain warm water just to get relief I usually do it after a Hot bath so everything is more relaxed. Peppermint tea also helps.

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

#340143 - 12/29/08 12:05 PM
Kappy

Thanks to all! I'm so grateful to have a family hear at HelpforIBS.com that actually understands what's going on. I too have hit my stomach and yelled at my intestines. Of course that doesn't work. I'm drinking a cup of Peppermint & Fennel tea. I figured that the mixture of the two should do SOMETHING!

--------------------

#340168 - 12/29/08 05:05 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

All you are eating is SF. You have to add IF to it to move things. I gave that advice to my SIL recently. Don't be too scared off IF, especially if you do not have D, just make sure to keep the SF buffer. Start with some of the easier IF sources. But have you noticed everything you eat is beige/brown? That is a good indication that it might all be SF, IMO.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#340187 - 12/30/08 06:53 AM
Kappy

I guess most of it is SF, but I do try to eat more IF. I thought the Edemame and Goji Berries and Pomegranates were IF? I usually try to eat some blueberries with my oatmeal as well, but all the berries around here look like crap. I got some tangerines and some pineapple today to go with my snacks, and I brought some chili for lunch with a tbspn of Acacia fiber to go in it. The beans should be plenty of IF right?

Thanks for your help Little Minnie, I didn't think about the IF until you brought it up. I try to incorporate IF, but sometimes I'm nervous about eating too much. Last week, I ate a good bit of IF and then got a stomach bug; thought it was brought on by the IF, but when I had a fever with it, I realized it was a virus! Guess it kinda put a bad taste in my mouth so to speak!

--------------------

#340189 - 12/30/08 07:08 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am ibs-c as well you need more if to get things going some people need more than others. Here are some things I have figured out over the last year that has help mine take a multivitimin or calcuim with magnesium. Also try a smoothie If I have a smoothie every day i usuley go about everyother day. Just start small work some if in your diet. Try the vegan blueberry muffins I post there so good and great for a snack! Good luck hope this helped!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

#340193 - 12/30/08 07:53 AM
Kappy

Oh I love smoothies! I think I will start adding IF fruit to my smoothies. I tend to have a BM everyday-other day with all the meds I'm on. I take Miralax once a day and Amitiza 24mg twice a day. They really help. The main problem I have is with the pain and bloating and spasms. It is awful. I'm sure I'm still a little "stopped up" but my BM's are usually consistent unless I eat the wrong things or don't eat any IF at all. Like I said, it's mostly the pain, bloating, and spasms. And I poot all day long in my office, scared someone will walk in, but the bloat and pain don't go away by relieving gas. Sometimes I have to go into our exercise room and do yoga for about 20 minutes to help with it all! But this provides only temporary relief!

If I didn't have tummy troubles I would like a big fat glass of Rum and Crystal Light!!! Aaarrrgghh matey, hand over the rum!!! I love pirates!

--------------------

#340196 - 12/30/08 08:24 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Ask your doc about bentyl its wonderful for the spams!
hth! Enjoy the smoothies!
emmasmom
ibs-c gas

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 554 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3782

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review