All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soy chocolate milk?
      #339769 - 12/21/08 07:17 AM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

I know that soy milk is supposed to be ok but what about soy chocolate milk? Also soy is sf (i think) so can you drink soy milk on an empty stomach (like 1st thing in the morning)?
Can you tell I'm still trying to learn what I can and can't have!

--------------------
IBS~D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy chocolate milk? new
      #339791 - 12/21/08 10:47 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It is safe. So is Silk Nog available this time of year. You may be able to drink soy milk alone because it is around 30% fat which is ok. On the other hand it is kind of heavy and can cause a full feeling and gas. I stopped drinking soy milk and using it in cereal because I felt so loagie afterward. I still use it in oatmeal and in other things.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#339801 - 12/21/08 12:52 PM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

Thanks for the response! I have noticed that it doesn't cause an attack, but it does make me fell kinda yucky. I have been wanting hot chocolate & have tried to use the soy chocolate milk as a substitute.

--------------------
IBS~D

#339825 - 12/22/08 07:16 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I love the Soy Chocolate Milk. 8th Continent is the brand I use! It is the perfect sweet snack after supper. It helps me to feel full after supper, because on this diet, it's hard to get full most of the time. (for me that is) And yes, it will make you feel very full and almost lathargic after consumption (a good sleep aid, in my opinion). HTH.

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1785 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1194

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review