All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
constipation relief better - not great
      #336499 - 09/25/08 06:54 AM
CDC

Reged: 09/25/08

Newcomer! I've been eating Heather's diet for about a month. Gas and bloating completely gone!!!! Miracle - It was whole wheat mostly. I was eating whole wheat every meal. However, I still have quite a bit of constipation. It's better though. I've been slowly increasing dosage of Citrucil. I feel like my constipation is still bothersome because (sorry!) my stool is still pretty hard. I drink SO MUCH water! I thought Miralax was supposed to help with adding water to your colon, but after taking it for 3 days or so, I was miserable because it just made the constipation worse. Does anyone have solution for that?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: constipation relief better - not great new
      #336503 - 09/25/08 07:32 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

Are you getting enough IF in your diet??

#336504 - 09/25/08 07:36 AM
CDC

Don't know. I was worried about adding it bc I didn't want to risk bloating and gas. I'm gonna try the berry smoothie in the Heather's recipes. Not sure how to much to add safely.

#336505 - 09/25/08 07:58 AM
sharond

People with C tend to need more IF than people with D. If you don't get enough IF that may cause constipation. Slowly adding small amounts of IF with a base of SF is a good way to go. Also keep drinking tons of water.

Oatmeal in the morning is good as it is a combination of SF/IF and add some fruit to that. You could also add some ground flax seed (good for constipation) to your smoothie. Flax seed is also a combination of SF/IF.

#336521 - 09/25/08 11:34 AM
CDC

Haven't tried oatmeal yet - just Chex Mix! Do I add pureed fruit like strawberries? Tried flax seed many times. So much bloating I can't stand it. Is it OK to have Whole Grain oats, rice and corn? I've been scared to try any of that.

#336528 - 09/25/08 12:50 PM
sharond

I take about 1/2 cup blueberries right from the freezer and throw into oatmeal before cooking it. They get really mushy. Have also done this with sliced strawberries. Sometimes after the oatmeal is cooked, I'll add 1/2 cup of applesauce. As far as whole grains, rice, corn...it's really a matter of trial and error. Some people can eat whole grains and whole wheat and some cannot.

#336539 - 09/25/08 09:09 PM
CDC

Thanks very much!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 928 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2187

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review