All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Girl Talk
      #334545 - 08/13/08 07:38 AM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

Hi My bloating and gas had gone down significantly once I started the EFI Diet but on sat I noticed my stomach feeling a little strange and ever since then my bloating has been getting worse. I have even been getting a little bit of cramping and fatigue. I am supposed to start my period this coming weekend. Could that be why I have been having these symptoms? Do any of you do the same thing?

I have been so frustrated because I was getting so much better. I cut out whole wheat and it made me feel soooo much better but now i feel like i am eating it again.
PS I havent tried any new foods either.

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Girl Talk new
      #334547 - 08/13/08 08:48 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I don't have exactly that happen, but yes, things are a little touchier right before my period and the first day or two.

#334560 - 08/13/08 12:26 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

My bloating and gas had gone down significantly once I started the EFI Diet

You accomplished this through diet alone? How?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#334565 - 08/13/08 12:36 PM
Hapamama

Reged: 05/15/08
Loc: Seattle

My sypmtoms are always worse during PMS and the first days of my period. I think there's nothing I can do about it really, just part of my cycle. I do eat tons of SF and that seems to help somewhat - You could try keeping a log of when you are the most bloated and see how it correlates w/your period. Hope you feel better soon!

#334589 - 08/13/08 03:54 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'm tellin' ya ladies, and I've said it before: get on a monophasic pill and skip your periods!! You'll have a nice, constant hormone dose all month long with no drop off, no PMS. I did this for 2-3 years (before going off them to get pregnant) and the positive effect on my IBS was amazing!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#334593 - 08/13/08 06:21 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

The two types of birth control I've tried mess with me in other ways, so I think I'll just "suffer." Besides, not getting my period makes me nervous, even when I've known there's no way I could be pregnant.

But, that's just me. Glad the BC does the trick for you, though!

I did this as well.... new
      #334594 - 08/13/08 08:58 PM
Hapamama

I had a fibroid tumor so I started doing it at first to slow down bleeding while I was waiting for surgery, but I loved it too! However, it did not improve my IBS symptoms one way or another. I also tend to carry more weight when I'm on the pill, so it's definitely not worth it for me!

Ditto new
      #334595 - 08/14/08 04:00 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

My doctor actually put me on the pill continuously to help stop my endometriosis from coming back after I had it surgically removed. I used to have bowel and bladder-related flares around my period and they are nonexistent now!!

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

--------------------
IBS-C

#334603 - 08/14/08 07:59 AM
IBSrunner

I was on the pill for 2 yrs until recently (I got off bc before I found out I had IBS I thought the birth control might be doing the harm) and the bloating before me period never got this bad! I never thought I'd say that I miss my birth control but I do

--------------------

#334604 - 08/14/08 08:03 AM
IBSrunner

I noticed through my food log that whole wheat products were making me really bloated, gassy and tired. The first week I was off of them my bloating went down alot and I had so much more energy. I am a total health nut and I thought whole wheat was the greatest thing ever so I bought whole wheat everything! Isnt it ironic.

--------------------

Yeah us too! new
      #334640 - 08/14/08 01:06 PM
Hapamama

I was such a proud mama that my son was not eating any refined flours and sugars and that all his carbs were coming from whole grain, whole wheat products! It's so funny, now nothing in our house is whole wheat anymore. DH still eats it sometimes, but I swear his stomach is made of iron!

Re: Yeah us too! new
      #334644 - 08/14/08 02:59 PM
IBSrunner

My boyfriends stomach is just like that I get so jealous. He can eat anything and we are constantly looking for things that I can eat! AHHH Isnt that frustrating!

--------------------

#335753 - 09/07/08 08:16 AM
m23

Reged: 06/28/08

Yes, probably. I read in a book written by a woman gastrointerologist and specializing in women's digestive issues that the same hormone that causes the monthly menstrual flow also causes the intestine to "flow." If you think you have more frequent diarrhea during that time, you probably do. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the book or the doctor. I loaned to book to a friend and will probably never see it again.

#335755 - 09/07/08 10:42 AM
steely

Reged: 08/31/08
Loc: NC Mountains

I've taken the Depo Provera shot for years.I haven't had a period in probably 10 years now.The pain and IBS symptoms were unbearable.I gained weight but I will trade it for the misery I've endured anyday.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2537 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5600

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review