All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help! First week!
      #334421 - 08/11/08 12:08 PM
Amphitrite93

Reged: 08/11/08

I am IBSA and having a very difficult time. I'm trying to eat right and it is getting my D under control, but the pains in my abdomin are no better and I can't tell if I'm C or if my system is back on track. The pain was so bad I was in the hospital for a few days. All tests have ruled out other problems and I was diagnosed w/ IBS. Now I'm on my own. I'm trying to work, but the pain is so bad and i dont know what to do.

I've been told no painkillers - that they will shut down my system and make the pain worse. Is there any suggestions for pain relief? Is there some really basic foods I can eat for the worst days that will help? Is fasting ever helpful?

I've done a lot of reading and am so confused.

Thanks for any advice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! First week! new
      #334438 - 08/11/08 03:56 PM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

you should check out the break the cycle diet. It should help with the pain and give you some basic foods to eat. Also peppermint and chamomile teas have been a lifesaver for me when I am in pain. Have you checked out Heather's books? They give a really straight forward way to start feeling better.

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

#334455 - 08/11/08 09:49 PM
Amphitrite93

Reged: 08/11/08

Thanks! I have read both of Heather's books and have been trying to piece the diet together. I guess I overlooked 'Break the Cycle' and will just eat the soluble fiber foods for awhile. I'll see how things go this next week. Now that I know what the pain is - it's like I can't stand it anymore. I've dealt with it for too long.

Thanks for your help.

#334467 - 08/12/08 07:28 AM
IBSrunner

Reged: 07/25/08
Loc: California

I know exactly how you feel. I am pretty new too! Cutting out whole wheat showed me how bloated and tired it was making me! ha who would have known something so "healthy" was making me sick!! Please let me know how you feel after sticking to SF for a while. Also be extremely caredul when you start adding foods back in. (start with cooked vegetables) I found that out the hard way. Good Luck!

--------------------
IBS-C Gas and constant Bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1751 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 932

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review