All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Diet Not Working new
      #335259 - 08/25/08 03:06 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I would say is pretty normal for a refined-carb diet. If your wife does not have an irritable gut, eating only white rice, refined white flour, etc. is not going to give her the protein she needs.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but this is not the world's healthiest diet. It's great for calming down an upset gut, yes, but in a normally functioning gut it's not ideal. Kudos to your wife for trying to be supportive, but it sounds like she needs a lot more insoluble fiber! I wish I had her guts!!!

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#335260 - 08/25/08 03:17 PM
shawnw

Reged: 08/25/08

Yeah, I certainly wasn't expecting to stay on just bread and water for very long.

I guess we'll move onto phase II and see how things go.

#335263 - 08/25/08 03:44 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

Oops - I actually meant to say the diet is not going to give her the fiber she needs, but obviously protein is a concern as well.

If your wife wants to eat the same foods you do, that's certainly possible, however she'll need to eat more IF. For example, she could eat a much larger portion of veggies with dinner than you. Or she can eat a salad while you eat some well cooked veggies mixed with SF (like rice or pasta). If you're eating a peeled apple, she can leave the peel on hers. Etc.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 906 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3917

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review