All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sudden Relapse?
      #331853 - 07/01/08 10:37 AM
uroboros8

Reged: 06/05/08

I was diagnsoed with IBS two years ago, and following Heather's diet, I've been able to maintain very good control over my symptoms. Last week, though, I suddenly started having a lot of GI symptoms that seem to be IBS-related again. Since then, I've put myself on a strictly soluble fiber diet (white bread, bananas, white rice, etc.) and I've been drinking plenty of water, but it hasn't helped at all. I'm really worried, esp. because I'm out of the country right now (and will be for a while) and don't have health insurance. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this, or have any advice about what to do?

Thanks in advance,
Rita

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sudden Relapse? new
      #331859 - 07/01/08 10:53 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Could be stress related keep with the plan and hang in there.Be careful what you drink too.Where are you?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#331869 - 07/01/08 12:33 PM
uroboros8

Reged: 06/05/08

I'm currently in France, but I also recently traveled to Morocco, so I'm a little concerned about parasites as well. Does anyone know about traveler's insurances that cover non-emergencies or about French health care in general?

#331873 - 07/01/08 01:27 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

I don't know anything about insurance or health care but I would definately be extra careful before drinking anything!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#331881 - 07/01/08 02:57 PM
CandyGirl

Reged: 06/29/08
Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Try going to a pharmacist first and ask them for help. Pharmacists in Europe are much more medically knowledgeable than the US pharmacists which seem to just be pill pushers.

If you're living in France legally (with a visa or permit,) then you're entitled to go to one of their hospitals to see a doctor under their National Health Care System. They only speak French (they probably speak English but won't based on my experience when I lived there years ago,) so bring your translation book or find someone to help you when you go.

If you have the money, then you can go to the American Hospital which is private but you'll be expected to pay when you go so be prepared.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 379 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1783

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review