All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I'm new and I have some questions
      #331705 - 06/28/08 08:13 PM
suzivitara

Reged: 06/28/08
Loc: California

I just found this website and it's really a big help.
I do have questions. I maintain a very healthy diet. I do have problems with my stomach and it's usually gas and bloating after eating certain grains. Mainly Brown Rice. I have 4 oz of brown rice with my lunch that is 5 oz of meat such as chicken and 6 oz of cooked vegetable. About 1/2 an hour after eating I get gassy and bloating and start having problems with my bowels. Why is this? Isn't brown rice good for your intestines? I also have a diet Hansen's soda everyday with Splenda, is that bad?
I don't drink alcohol, caffiene and I haven't had any kind of flour product or suger for 3 years.
Any advice would be appreciated. I just ordered Acacia Powder to see if that helps with the gas and bloating and "bowel" problems.
Thank you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I'm new and I have some questions new
      #331716 - 06/29/08 06:50 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Welcome to the boards. I also have trouble with gas and bloating and I have been able to make it get better, but not go away entirely. I recommend reading all the stuff that Heather has written about trigger foods, soluble/insoluble fiber etc.
Brown rice is not entirely safe- it is about half insoluble fiber, half soluble. This works for some people but not others so you could try switching to white rice and see how it goes. Also, check what vegetable you are eating, a lot of people with IBS cannot handle some veges, even when cooked.
Also, soda is a big no-no, the carbonation is not good and all artifical sweetners are bad so Splenda is out of the question. This could be the major cause of your gas and bloating- you may want to try giving this up before parting with the brown rice.

Good luck!

~Kelly

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Thanks Kelly new
      #331717 - 06/29/08 07:19 AM
suzivitara

Reged: 06/28/08
Loc: California

That's good to know about the soda and the carbonation, I'd rather give that up than the healthy brown rice, I'll try that first. Thanks again!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 739 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 831

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review