Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I feel like I'm back to square one
      #330843 - 06/09/08 01:15 PM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hey all,
I've just been really bummed lately. I seem to have gone backwards again with my IBS. I was doing so well for such a long time. I started to eat Organic pasta sauce with no oil in it. I could eat out well- even on vacation I was able to eat pasta from a restaurant! I was trying new IBS friendly recipes from this website like pasta salad. Of course I still missed real chocolate and everything else, but I felt pretty good about myself and I almost felt fairly normal for a bit. (Dont get me wrong I didnt go crazy with red meat, dairy, oil or fried foods-those are still completly eliminated)
Then bam all of a sudden I am in that vicous cycle again and I dont know how to get myself out of it.
I used to eat Luna Bars- one for breakfast and one for a snack. The fiber really seemed to help me. Not to be gross but my BM's were a normal color and everything. Well all of a sudden my morning Luna Bar started to make me feel crappy. So I stopped eating them all together. I have no idea if my cycle of attacks has anything to do with me stopping Luna Bars-but it all happened around the same time. I always eat a turkey sand. for lunch-all of a sudden that bothered me. One night even my chicken and rice with a bit of teriyaki sauce (which I ALWAYS eat) bothered me. I just dont understand what happened. How come we do so well and then boom- attack after attack after attack. Its been constant for me for the past month and I dont know how to stop it. I feel like going back to the doc. but whats he gonna tell me?! My BM's are back to being yellow and D. I'm frustrated and in pain. I just dont know what caused my body to start up again and how to stop it. Thanks for letting me ramble.

Stef

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I feel like I'm back to square one new
      #330868 - 06/10/08 05:24 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Every time I pat myself on the back for doing so well I get a severe attack or a couple of days of them. In most cases stress is the culprit but in others I have pinpointed little things like new bottled water at work that contained "minerals for taste". Don't know what the minerals were but they really messed with my IBS. I sometimes feel like a detective solving a mystery. Every time I slide backwards I go back to what I call survival mode. Cream of rice for breakfast with nothing in it and mint tea. Plain rice for lunch. Baked potato (naked) for supper. The next day I add 1/2 grilled or poached chicken breast and then I slowly add other items with IF while making sure I get enough water, sleep, relaxation, etc. Good luck to you and keep your chin up.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#330903 - 06/10/08 05:51 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Hey Stef,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling so great. I understand!! Two steps forward, one step back.

You tum may just need a few days of BTC to settle down. It may not be what you are eating but stress, lack of sleep, humidity, etc that are affecting you.

Hope you're feeling better soon!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#330955 - 06/11/08 11:22 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks Toady!
Its been really hot here lately. Its been in the 90's and majorly humid. And ever since I got diagnosed with IBS it seems as if my body just doesnt tolerate heat like it used to. Oh well. Plus I am a teacher and for the last month its been the end of the year things and my students have been out of control! Plus the building isnt air conditioned, so that doesnt help. The past 2 days have been better- as I've been sticking with the basics again. Boring, but gotta do what ya gotta do. I am thinking about trying Align. I read that it can help those with IBS. Anyways, thanks again! I hope youre feeling well! And keep cool!

Stef

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1072

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review