All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Gas and Bloat!! Help
      #330601 - 06/04/08 09:34 AM
ShirleyS2008

Reged: 06/04/08
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been having problems with constipation gas and bloat. I was diagnosed 2 years ago with IBS but was doing quite well. For the past 2 months I have been suffering with constipation, gas and bloat. I was very frustated at first because I have always eaten very healthy. I have been using the Acacia and Fennel tea. I was finally seeing a difference with the gas and bloat and then blew it when I went out to breakfast. I cannot at this point even tolerate soy. I know there are many people who are worse off than me. I was wondering if anybody else has weight gain with the bloat? Thanks for any feedback.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gas and Bloat!! Help new
      #330602 - 06/04/08 10:12 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I have never had constipation in my life except briefly after giving birth in 1970, but I have been plagued with gas and bloat for the last 18 months. I have literally reduced what I eat the include only the basics from the EFI diet. I have discovered that soy gives me big problems so I stay away from lactose and soy--using primarily rice and almond products as substitutes. I also found that preservatives in any food AND high fructose corn syrup (HFCS) increase my gas tremendously. Yes, I realize a gain of several pounds with bloat. Good luck to you as you continue to wind through this maze of figuring out what works for you.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Re: Gas and Bloat!! Help new
      #330608 - 06/04/08 11:30 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi Shirley, welcome to the boards! I also suffer from terrible bloating, pain, gas, and constipation. I've tried various approaches with more or less (mostly less) success. Maybe if you wrote what you usually eat we could help you identify some triggers.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review