All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For those who are stable a "if" question. Advice needed!
      #330467 - 06/01/08 08:40 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I am trying so hard to get "if" back into me. I am trying broccoli and very little amount of chickpeas I have puree both of these and eating little amounts. I have done the broccoli for about a month now and I take beano and drink feenel tea and walk. The next day or when I have a bm I have gas so bad my stomach just rumbles with it. The beano seems to help til it wears off. They only if i have luck with so far are blueberries. I can't do peas. I have tried cream corn not much luch there either.
How do I incorapte these things back into my diet its so hard to figure what to have with my meals. I can do strawbeeries, green beans, some romain lettuce (on sandwitches) cooked celery, and thats about it. I want broccoli and beans back. But how when I am sick with gas they next few days. I know your suppose to take it slow but how do you add them in. ANY help would be great. I am so tired of the gas all the time!!! thanks in advance.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For those who are stable a "if" question. Advice needed! new
      #330471 - 06/01/08 09:59 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Maybe only try one each week and maybe only use a tiny portion. Much smaller than normal like say a teaspoon. That's all I use when eating something questionable. Be sure to savour each bite.
Tums helps me allieviate gas and bloating and they contain calcium so thats good right?

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: For those who are stable a "if" question. Advice needed! new
      #330521 - 06/03/08 04:55 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Not a single vegetable you mentioned is tolerable in any amount or form for me. My vegetables of choice are carrots, green beans, zuchini, mushrooms and small amounts of yellow summer squash. For fruits I can eat peaches, applesauce, mangoes, kiwi and berries.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Barbara50 new
      #330561 - 06/03/08 02:12 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi I can handl carrots, green beans, zuchini, mushrooms and yellow summer squash, peaches, strawberries, blueberries. But I am needig more if in my diet and trying to incorapte it back in after the last 2 years of not haveing a whole lot. I am needing help on how to do that. Any advice? Thanks for the support. I appericate it.
emmasmom
ibs-c
gas

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 849 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1187

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review