All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
what to do about hidden no-no ingredients when eating out?
      #330217 - 05/26/08 01:52 PM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

How do you all handle bad ingredients sneaking into your food when you eat in a restaurant?

We went out to lunch today and I had a grilled chicken breast and a tiny bit of lettuce on a roll. Skipped the fries, skipped my hubby's yummy feta/spinach/tomato concoction. Sorry if this is TMI, but the smell of my gas right now really leads me to believe there was probably milk in the bread! I only get these smelly, hot farts when I eat dairy.

Obviously I'm able to ask all sorts of questions about the way my food is prepared, but what do you do when some of the ingredients are not made right in the kitchen???

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: what to do about hidden no-no ingredients when eating out? new
      #330234 - 05/27/08 07:52 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Don't eat out and as the web site says if you are unsure about a food don't eat it!!! I have found that even seemingly safe food like bread and grilled chicken or fish can creat problems for me. Don't know what the food has in it--it may be the preservatives.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Re: what to do about hidden no-no ingredients when eating out? new
      #330250 - 05/27/08 11:57 AM
catnut

Reged: 04/08/07
Loc: Kentucky, USA

That's the rub in eating out. You just don't know all the details. I can't eat wheat so I have skip a lot of things at restaurants. I do eat the mashed potatos though I know they put milk in them. It must not be enough as I don't have issues with it. All you can do is find a good restaurant and a couple of dishes they make that don't cause issues and stick with that. It does limit eating out but it is trial and error. When I'm on vacation I just get food grilled and stay away from too many salads and deserts and I bring my own bread or breadsticks in my bag. It stinks sometimes but it's worth not feeling sick later.

--------------------
Catnut IBS-C for many years, finally diagnosed in 2005. Wheat and dairy sensative.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1298 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 985

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review