All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
supplements,which of these is best?
      #330141 - 05/23/08 07:53 PM

Unregistered

So I started working out and really want to take one of these supplements,could i please get some insight on their ingredients?

supplemnt 1

http://www.beachbody.com/product/supplements/best_sellers/activit_multivitamins.do
the ingridients

http://www.beachbody.com/text/products/supplements/activit/Activit_BodyT_30Day.pdf

supplemnt 2

http://www.beachbody.com/product/supplements/best_sellers/performance_formula.do

the ingridients

Ingredients & Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 3 Tablets Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Magnesium (as Magnesium oxide) 200 mg 50%
Garcinia cambogia fruit extract (50% Hydroxycitric acid) 100 mg **
Tibetan rhodiola (Rhodiola crenulata) root extract 300 mg **
Oriental ginseng (Panax ginseng) root extract 300 mg **
L-Carnitine 125 mg **
Green tea (Camellia sinensis) leaf extract 55 mg **
**Daily Value (DV) has not been established
OTHER INGREDIENTS: Cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, silicon dioxide, and magnesium stearate.

DIRECTIONS: As a dietary supplement, take 3 tablets daily with water, preferably not with carbohydrate-heavy food. On exercise days, take Performance Formula 30 to 45 minutes before working out. On non-exercise days, Performance Formula can be taken at any time during the day, preferably without carbohydrates. Performance Formula is most effective when taken all 3 at once, but can spread throughout the day.

STORAGE: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

86 thread views already? can't anyone respond,please.. new
      #330143 - 05/24/08 07:23 AM

Unregistered

Re: supplements,which of these is best? bump. nt. new
      #330150 - 05/24/08 11:11 AM

Unregistered

135 views,bump, again.nt. new
      #330187 - 05/25/08 06:16 PM

Unregistered

Re: supplements,which of these is best? new
      #330218 - 05/26/08 02:27 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

Just wondering, what is the main reason you feel you need, or want to buy these supplements? What are you hoping for? I'm not one to part with my money for these extra things unless it is something I feel I am lacking in my daily diet, you know, things like probiotics, immune boosters, or just my everyday good-quality vitamin supplements. Can you get the same results with adding to/or limiting certain foods in your diet? The "body toning formula" looks good on the label, but if you still eat lots of carbs and sugar, you may not get the fat-reducing results you are looking for, even with the supplements. I notice the label even says not to take with high carb foods. Maybe it's the reduction of high carb foods that helps you lose the weight, not the actual supplements.(hmmm....)Good luck with your "working out". I wish I had the gumption to get into a routine like that.

#330306 - 05/28/08 11:48 AM

Unregistered

I've taken the body toning supplement before.e But its been a long time and i don't remember how my ibs was with it. I do remember feeling more energized and a faster metabolism.

#331428 - 06/22/08 12:37 PM

Unregistered

Where does the body toning supplement say this? "I notice the label even says not to take with high carb foods" I don't see that anywhere! anyone else find it?

#331435 - 06/22/08 06:45 PM
kim123

Reged: 07/18/06
Loc: Florida

I was referring to the first line from the directions you had included at the bottom of your post, where it said to take the supplements, preferably not with carbohydrate-heavy foods....probably because (my thinking) higher carbs are what causes one to gain weight, not lose it. As well, workouts/exercising incidentally provide one with better stamina and increased energy, as well as help lose weight. Whether the cost of the supplements are worth any extra benefits, I guess you will only be able to tell that if/when you try them. If you have success with them, let us know.

#331493 - 06/24/08 09:37 AM

Unregistered

oops,sorry. I take the activit vitamins. So far I really like them. I haven't seen any noticeable results in weight loss,but that is because I haven't been eating properly.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1970 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4672

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review