All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A terrible day!
      #329400 - 05/05/08 07:59 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

What a horrible day I had! I woke up not realizing that I had pooped in my panties. I got some on the couch and nightgown and I had to throw away my panties. I never felt anything coming. After this all day long I was so paranoid this would happen again.

Saturday night I took a laxative. Was this the problem?

Then tonight after eating a popsicle I got bad abdominal cramps. I thought a popsicle was safe!

I am getting very discouraged. I try not to get angry because that makes my symptoms worse. I bought the Acacia and am on the IBS diet. I don't know what else I can do!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A terrible day! new
      #329402 - 05/06/08 04:29 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Candy,
I definitely feel your pain and made a similar post last week about nothing really working. Now this week I am feeling a hundred times better and starting to get used to all of this. It definitely takes some time. I think the other problem is, you have to figure out your own tolerance to things. I don't think I can tolerate sugar as much as most IBSers...but I don't think IF (in small amounts) bothers me as much as some people. I think figuring out what bugs you is going to take some time. I would probably be in pain after the popsicle because of sugar personally, but also it could've been from something you ate much earlier that day as well?

Also I am not really into taking laxatives because they really freak me out. I would try to phase them out as you start adding more acadia and see how things go.

Good luck and hang in there.

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

#329408 - 05/06/08 07:02 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

Popsicles are loaded with HFCS--that is why they are so sticky when they begin to melt. I couldn't eat a popsicle without disastrous results. Also, I don't know why you would take a laxative if you have IBS. Your colon already spasms out of control. If you are C then up your Acacia.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#329410 - 05/06/08 07:12 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Popsicles are made from fruit juices and contain HFCS. They are very high in fructose. Popsicles are definitely not safe.

You have to read the ingredients label on everything you eat to make sure it does not contain unsafe ingredients.

Good luck

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#329454 - 05/06/08 04:46 PM
Candy2

Reged: 04/09/08

I took a laxative because it was almost a week since I had a bowel movement. Next time I will use Fibercon.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5399 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1543

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review