All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Two Questions
      #328222 - 04/14/08 03:03 AM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Hi all- I have had IBS for about a year and a half, although I never had the best stomach so possibly I had it for longer. I have improved my eating a ton which has helped. My symptoms are mostly IBS-C but sometimes alternating, also I am bloated all all the time (
Lately, I have had this weird thing where I wake up in the morning with stomach pain...kind of like cramps. Has this happened to anyone and did anyone have anything that helped fix it? I know it's been a long time since I last ate but I can't really eat a snack at 2 in the morning.

My other question relates to fennel tea. Since I have problems with bloating I wanted to give it a try. However, it says to be careful if you are on the birth control pill, anyone have any idea why this is?

Thanks for any advice.

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

bump -nt- new
      #328350 - 04/16/08 08:37 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: Two Questions new
      #328368 - 04/17/08 07:09 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I can answer your first question but not the other. I have been awakened frequently in my life with cramps and stomach pain. This got worse when my IBS got worse and I, like you, was at a loss. What seems to help me is for me to eat a bedtime snack that includes three or four safe cookies with an 8 oz. glass of almond breeze milk (chocolate, vanilla or regular). That seems to hold me until the next morning if I have eaten a decent evening meal.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#328372 - 04/17/08 08:03 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi, I also have a lot of pain and bloating (and C). When the pain gets really bad I just stick to bland foods (chicken with rice, applesauce, bananas) and it usually gets better, at least to some more bearable level. But generally I get less pain as I eat less trigger foods. Remember that this is the hardest part about the diet - identifying trigger foods. Most of us have general main triggers in common but then there are a lot of other foods that others can eat but I have a horrible reaction to, and vice versa.
Good luck figuring it out, it takes time and effort but is worth it!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#328404 - 04/17/08 04:53 PM
Kteach84

Reged: 03/31/08
Loc: MA

Thanks. I'm continuing to keep a food diary to see if I can pinpoint what I eat- I definitely feel like it's so random sometimes.

I will try having a little snack before I go to bed as well.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
I am training for a Sprint Triathlon- Check out my Blog!
http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3042 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 843

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review