All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
lunch on the road
      #327942 - 04/07/08 06:45 PM
nrse

Reged: 04/07/08

first post here...have had IBS probably since the diagnosis of fibromylagia 8 years ago...but considered it the "least of my problems"...that is, until it landed me in the hospital day after Christmas.....its like ol St. Nick gave me a whole new gut for a Christmas present (was he out of coal??)

i am hospice nurse on the road all day....hard to pack anything cold in summer let alone hot in winter....since Christmas, i did ok with snack bars, tiny yogurts and McDonald's soups (which took me 2 hard weeks of detective work to get ingredients)....

now, with Spring here they are not serving soups...i do not eat one large lunch, instead 2 small meals, or maybe better said, 3 large snacks...(have oatmeal for breakfast with lactaid milk or rice milk...trying a different brand of soy milk tomorrow)...i am desperate for ideas for eating in my car...help please?? thanks so much

take care, lynn

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: lunch on the road new
      #327953 - 04/08/08 05:28 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I make the breads out of Eating for IBS cookbook - my fav is pumpkin apple. The slices of bread travel very well. If you aren't sensitive to soy try the Luna bars. If soy is a problem then get some of the short plastic thermoses that you can carry chicken pasta salad in or tuna pasta salad. They keep safely for up to six hours. Lays baked potato chips and baked tostitos is another snack type food that can at least fill you up. If you can do bananas that is another portable option. Good luck to you and God Bless. Your work is so very important!!

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 419

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review