All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tough morning, could spaghetti be the culprit?
      #326484 - 03/12/08 07:02 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I ate safe yesterday. For dinner I know I ate a little too much for me(I hadn't had lunch) so I had a big plate of spaghtetti with sauce (prego and mixed in diced tomatoes) and some Turkey meatballs. I'm thinking maybe the meatballs had too much fat for me? I'm OK now but I had to take a lomotil b/c I had to get out of the house to take the kids to school. It's always a nail biter that 10 minutes hoping my stomach will hold out. Deep big breaths! I had dry oat bread toast just now and tea. Do you think chicken noodle soup is safe that is made at a Deli?
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tough morning, could spaghetti be the culprit? new
      #326493 - 03/12/08 08:58 AM
redsoxgirlforever

Reged: 06/22/05
Loc: Boston

I usually think the soups at a deli are fine as long as they are not too salty and processed. If you can find a place (like a thai or chinese restaurant) you can get plain white rice and a few (don't eat a lot) steamed veggies. A safe bet for me is usually a 1/2 of a turkey sandwich on a roll with mustard.

I find that when I eat pasta I overeat terribly and I am almost always sick the next day. Did you fry the meatballs? If you buy extra lean turkey and bake them you might have better results next time.

#326494 - 03/12/08 09:03 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

I can't eat much spaghetti-the tomato gets me. Also Prego sauce has HFCS. Chicken Noodle soup at deli may be OK but it may have fat and/or HFCS. Good luck to you.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

#326495 - 03/12/08 09:10 AM

Unregistered

I agree with RedSoxGirl (even though I'm a New Yorker ). I think portion size, particularly pasta, can be a terrible trigger. I'm IBS-C, so it's a bit different for me, but I know my symptoms flair when I eat a big meal. And I think skipping lunch in concert with a big meal is actually a double trigger. I know we're not advised to skip meals, and I've found that advice holds up in my experience. Ground turkey has as much fat as ground beef if it's dark meat turkey.

I know how hard it is to feel like you're doing everything right and then get sick. Not a happy feeling. I hope you feel better soon.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3771 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 908

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review