All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Sleep Disturbances new
      #350306 - 09/25/09 04:14 PM
Kenny

Reged: 01/03/05
Loc: Valley Village, CA

I don't get panic attacks at night at all any more, so I think the apnea treatment has solved that, but I will read the articles that you linked to when I can.

Thanks, Syl. You are the guru around here aren't you? I read your post about "enabling" and I totally agree!

--------------------

IBS-A: Gas, Bloating, Occasional Reflux, Panic Attacks

When the bathroom is rockin' don't bother knockin'!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sleep Disturbances new
      #350311 - 09/25/09 05:53 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Yep - sleep apnea could definitely be the cause .

I believe Sand wrote the part on enabling. I not really committed to the idea. Given the individual nature of the disease guidelines are essential. However, there is a rigidness in following guidelines as if they were rules that mystifies many people.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Re: Sleep Disturbances - Syl & Kenny new
      #350659 - 10/07/09 10:42 PM
GaGa

Reged: 01/12/08
Loc: Florida

I haven't been on here for awhile, but when I can't sleep, try to catch up on any new advice, etc.
I ran across your posts on sleep disturbances and what a blessing! I thought I was the ONLY person in the world experiencing this - I have asked drs. and searched many websites trying to find the correlation of the symptoms you described - all to no avail. I definitely fit this pattern.
If I sleep for even 15-30 minutes, I am immediately in REM sleep, dreams, sometimes PA's and wake up w/ my heart pounding, anxious, etc... And, my pattern seems to be about 2 -3 hours of sleep max at one time.
I've thought: Is it hormones? Is it sleep apnea (still supposed to have test - but don't really fit the profile), am I just having PA's in my sleep??? But, I think it is totally digestion related. I seem to have slow gut motility and I've read that 2 -3:00 AM is when the liver, etc. is "doing its job" :-) And, that's primarily when I wake up miserable.
But, saying all that to say "thank you" for the enlightenment!
Blessings of Health to you both - Dorothy
Syl - I read the article you referenced - as always, thank you for your insight.

--------------------
"I Will Survive! :-)... I shall live and not die and declare the works of The Lord..."

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2631 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5394

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review