All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
anyone tried fiber chews?
      #326281 - 03/08/08 01:34 AM
Claudie

Reged: 12/29/07
Loc: Australia

I'm travelling with my husband for a 3 month holiday later in the year (starting in July) and am 40% excited and 60%dreading it. I am doing everything I can to get as stable as I can and I am going to take acacia powder with me but want to take a capsule or tablet I can carry around in the day. I know Heather is working on this but it might not be ready in time. Does anyone take Fiber chews by Fiber35diet? It says it is 100% acacia fiber with a chocolate taste but I can't find what is it it that makes it taste of chocolate. Its not available here but I can order it over the net. I would like to try something before we go to make sure I can tolerate it.

--------------------
IBS D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: anyone tried fiber chews? new
      #326289 - 03/08/08 06:23 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Never heard of them.

However, I do use the FiberCon (or generic) caplets when I am away from home. Actually, I always carry some in my purse. They work well for me.

#326290 - 03/08/08 06:50 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

The ingredients of Fiber Chews is given here. Note: the first ingredient is xylitol a sugar alcohol sweetener known to have a laxative effect and to cause problems for many IBS suffers. See this newsletter from Heather for more information. Why they need to use this sweetener when they already include 10mg stevia is beyond me. I would be cautious about using the product. The natural chocolate flavor is likely extracted from natural cocoa.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#326323 - 03/08/08 05:03 PM
Claudie

Reged: 12/29/07
Loc: Australia

Thanks. The last thing I need is a laxative so fiber chews are out. What is in fiber con tablets/capsules? Is it suitable for IBSD?

--------------------
IBS D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1156

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review