All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: may have some answers at long last !! new
      #323157 - 01/25/08 08:28 AM
jenUK

Reged: 12/01/07
Loc: warwickshire, uk

my gp told me they thought it was ibs - although i have had a barium enema and it was all clear so were blood tests on my kidneys liver and so were my stool samples ! they wont do any other tests now which i find amazing as i am in so much pain and i cant eat alot right now infact i cant remember the last propper meal i had !!
The doc also wont refer me to a gastro doc and i have asked many many times and i have seen three dif docs - im sure they think i imagine the whole thing which is very frustrating ! i had to take myself to a & e last nigh because of the pain which they said was down to taking too much laparolide along with codeine which has made me constipated and i have urine infection also !! it really has got alla bit too much for me lately and i am seriously depressed !!

--------------------
Ibs sufferer for 7 years !

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#323160 - 01/25/08 09:44 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Ok - so the GP thinks you have IBS.

Are you IBS-C, IBS-D or IBS-A?

Have tried following Heather's diet closely except not eating soy or mushrooms? In particular have you tried the break the cycle diet of a few days?

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#323207 - 01/26/08 02:33 AM
jenUK

the gp thinks i have it yes but they also are refusing to do anymore tests on me - which in my eyes is not good enough !! i followed heather diet about 7 years ago when i first got ibs and it rally helped (unless i strayed) but i just cant seem to get back on it i know what i can eat but every day i get pains bloating diareah constipation i am never without pain - i get alot of nausea and upper stomach pain not in my bowels! i had enough to be hoenst i have slipped back into depression and my anxiety is through the roof right now - im so sorry i keep on but i am so alone my family dont want to knwo cause they say its all in my head and theres nothing wrong with me !

--------------------

#323208 - 01/26/08 02:44 AM
Wheresthedamnloo

Reged: 01/19/08

Hi Jen.
You aren't alone...please talk to a Dr-a new one...and try not to let your family get to you.

For my whole life and to this day my family still don't completely get it. It is VERY hard, but you aren't alone.

Do talk to us on here and don't do anything foolish. Your answer could be just around the corner.

God Bless You..do Pray aswell as it helps immensely to lean on Faith.
I shall keep you in my Prayers.

#323212 - 01/26/08 06:37 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Say - how about going back on Heather's diet and posting the things you eat each day for the next two or three days. Perhaps some of the people on the board can help you figure how to adjust your diet to reduce your pain.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#323217 - 01/26/08 07:14 AM
jenUK

that would be ace - i have jsut sat and raed heathers book safe n unsfae foods and tried to get as much of it back into my head - for some reason its all slipped out from before and i was so focused when i ws on it last time - but yeah that sounds like a good plan cheers xxxx

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2427 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2181

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review