All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Is stevia sweetener safe?
      #322607 - 01/18/08 06:16 AM
jenniferL

Reged: 11/19/05

Hello. I have had IBS under control for several years now. I just learned that I have too much natural yeast in my system, so I have to follow the candida diet. The only problem is you can not have sugar. The suggest to use stivia, and I am unsure if this will agree. I am also having to stay away from carbs b/c obviously it turns into sugar. Everyone can understand here that it is impossible to have IBS, and not eat bread or rice. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Please help! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is stevia sweetener safe? new
      #322615 - 01/18/08 07:34 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Stevia is safe. I just don't like the taste of it in most things.

I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions for you. Good luck!

Re: Is stevia sweetener safe? new
      #322618 - 01/18/08 08:19 AM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi there,

I have been using stevia for about the past 6 months, and find that it does well when sweetening things like tea and sauces, but not great in baked goods. I use a different, natural sweetener lately for baking: It's called erythritol and I found it at Whole Foods. Here's a website with some info on it: http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/erythritol-now-1/erythritol-now.html. I, too, am trying to cut back on my sugar intake, but it's hard because I have such a sweet tooth So you are totally not alone!

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 335 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 822

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review