All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Tell me about your experience with ORANGES new
      #322496 - 01/16/08 04:17 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

oranges are tough for me. I've had some that haven't affected me when I was very stable, but overall, they make me feel pretty off. A slice or two is OK but I don't think I'll be trying a whole orange for a long time.
As for pineapple, I'm fine with it--but same thing, not a whole lot. I'm a firm believer in everything in moderation! So a slice of an orange is great, but nothing too much for me.
Hope that helps...

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#322535 - 01/17/08 07:54 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I can't handle any juices apple and fruit punch are the worse for me... I can handle strawberries and peaches either can or fresh no pears at all! Don't like apples. But I miss canleope and honeydew! any suggestions?
emmasmom
ibs-c

Yes, we need suggestions. epecially from C/A folks new
      #322540 - 01/17/08 08:44 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

If high fructose fruits tend to be "out" and oranges are so hard for everyone, what fruits do you all eat? Especially those with C? I can't do bananas either, I think.

I've been eating oranges (luv them) and hope that this is not my problem, although I think they just may be now.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Edited by Jordy (01/17/08 08:46 AM)

Re: Yes, we need suggestions. epecially from C/A folks new
      #322541 - 01/17/08 08:47 AM
Aly

I eat a lot of applesauce, or baked apples. They always do well for me. I'm usually great with green grapes as long as I have a good SF base. Also, smoothies with cran juice and strawberries and half a banana are fine. Other than that, I try to stick with veggies...since cooked veggies are so much easier on me!
Hope that helps!

--------------------
IBS-A

Thanks Aly new
      #322547 - 01/17/08 09:04 AM
Jordy

Do you peel the apple first? How do you bake it? Have you ever tried one raw? I know that applesauce and apples are high in fructose.....so not sure I could do those. I have too many food fears.

--------------------

Re: Thanks Aly new
      #322550 - 01/17/08 09:30 AM
Aly

I hear you about the food fears...it's tough knowing that something you may eat may make you sick. It took me a LONG time to get to where I am. I was diagnosed at 14 and I feel like I just a few months ago got the hang on balancing my IBS. (I'm 24 now). The only fear I give into still is that I only try something new on weekends or on a day off, as I still worry I'll get sick from new things.
As for apples, I do eat the skin. As an IBS-C, I really need the IF. I do eat apples raw, with a bit of PB after like a sourdough roll or something. As for baking them, I either cut them up, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake or cut a whole in the middle of the apple and stuff the cinnamon sugar inside. I don't think fructose affects me that much. I do remember times of eating a plum on an empty stomach and being sent home from work b.c I would get so sick... so I try to avoid high fructose items on their own. SF is my best friend, especially sourdough pretzels!
Good luck... I find that once the fear subsides, it makes it easier to eat and enjoy....sometimes the idea of eating something scary causes more anxiety and leads to an IBS attack. I know...vicious circle, right??
Hang in there!

--------------------
IBS-A

#322580 - 01/17/08 04:42 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I can drink orange juice all day but fresh oranges give me spazms. Weird...

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: Yes, we need suggestions. epecially from C/A folks new
      #322613 - 01/18/08 06:59 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am c I can do strawberries/ peaches/ nectarines/ no bananas no grapes no apples no watermelon. going to try blackberies soon!
hope this helps
emmasmom
ibs-c

Cara Cara oranges?????? new
      #322760 - 01/20/08 08:15 AM
Jordy

Yes....any feedback helps me. It truly takes a village. I hope more people will still be willig to share.

I have been eating Cara Cara oranges, which are suppose to be lower in acid, so I thought they would be okay. But it looks like only one person can eat oranges. I thought there would be more.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4558 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4766

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review