All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS Flare
      #322009 - 01/09/08 07:48 AM
Hollie

Reged: 10/06/03

Need some advise. First time posting on Message Boards. From reviewing them, I think I have chosen the correct Board. Introduction have been familiar with this wonderful website for many years. Heather has been an answer to a prayer for me. I have had IBS for over 25 years and for the past five years, it has been almost impossible to live with. Thanks to Heather, Fennel Tea, Peppermint Tea, Organic Fiber, and her Eating for IBS book - most of the time I can keep it tolerable. I can't tell you the doctors I've been to (even UNC GI Clinic) and frankly have given up on the medical profession, but just by chance - I thought I'd check and see if anyone is from the Raleigh-Durham, Fayetteville who has had any luck finding a physician who knows anything at all about IBS? If I could just find someone who would work with me and do all the testing necessary to rule out other concerns.

Every 6 months I get a uncontrollable bout of IBS where nothing I do works and it normally lasts for 6 weeks. My IBS is predominately Pain, Pain, and more pain with D. But when I get this flare - it is uncontrollable -can't eat anything Double D. The part I don't understand is where the pain is - it radiates in my lower left stomach, across my lower back, and up between my shoulder blades. For five years or more, I've read the message boards but was always too much of an intravert to post. But I am desperate and need advise. 1) Does anyone know of any medical person in North Carolina they have had help with; and 2) i'm just eating rice right now (3 days) and am not having any relief at all in pain (back) nor in D..... This is the first time, none of the remedies I have from Heather have not helped and I do not know where to turn.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS Flare new
      #322064 - 01/09/08 02:55 PM
prissy

Reged: 01/08/08
Loc: n.c

HOLLIE,
MY DOCTOR TOLD ME HE HAD IBS WHEN HE WAS IN COLLEGE I WAS TOLD I HAVE IT ONLY LAST YEAR AROUND NOV,SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I THOUGHT PPL THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY. I HAVE D/C BUT MOSTLY D. WHEN I HAVE A FLARE UP IT'S JUST LIKE YOURS I HAVE SO MUCH GAS IT MAKES MY STOMACH SCORE. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A BIG GAS BALL IN MY LEFT SIDE BY MY RIBS.SINCE YOU HAVE HAD IT LONGER THAN ME YOU COULD PROBLEY HELP ME.IM HAVING A BOUT WITH IT NOW STARTED ON SAT NIGHT.IT REALLY SCARES ME SOME TIMES.MY E-MAIL IS STIX_27839@YAHOO.COM I'M FROM NORTH CAROLINA THE ROANOKE RAPIDS AREA .THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TALKING WITH ANYONE WHO HAS IT AND CAN RELATE TO IT. MY DOCTOR IS FROM ROANOKE RAPIDS .I'LL BE GLAD TO GIVE YOU HIS NUMBER IF YOU LIKE JUST LET ME KNOW YOU DIDN'T SAY WHERE U R FROM.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 353 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 831

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review