All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello!
      #321781 - 01/06/08 06:27 PM
Erin84

Reged: 01/06/08

Hello

I stumbled onto this site looking for ways to control my IBS naturally and thought i'd say hello! I was just diagnosed with IBS recently which was a huge blow considering I love spicey foods. I have a question also. Do any of you have flare ups when you drink alcohol? Everytime I want to have a good time and drink a bit, the next morning I'm regreting it dearly! Any insite and/or comments would be appreciated!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello! new
      #321783 - 01/06/08 06:43 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Hi there and welcome!

Good news: The problem with spicy foods is NOT the spices - it's the fact that they are usually really high in fat, cheese/other dairy products, and/or insoluble fiber. You can still enjoy spicy, flavourful food so long as you make it according to the IBS guidelines. I just had spicy chicken fajitas for dinner myself!

As for alcohol, I find it totally depends on the alcohol and, of course, the amount. Wine is very tricky for me, and red wine in particular is completely off limits. I can tolerate most white wines as long as I ONLY have one glass. As for coolers and other sweet, low-alcohol drinks, I am fine again as long as I don't have any more than 2 or so drinks. Now... hard liquor like rum, whiskey, vodka, etc., doesn't seem to bother me at all. Over Christmas I had a couple of drinks of rye and ginger ale without any problems at all. Now, the good old-fashioned hangover is a completely different story - I never have more than 3 drinks in one sitting because I have the WORST hangovers, and I don't think that has anything to do with IBS.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5521 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 940

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review