All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Nonsense ... - Not necessarily for the individual new
      #323290 - 01/27/08 05:51 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

No - not kidding! Remember the days when we thought the earth was flat and science proved this belief was wrong.

Over the past few decades there has been an enormous amount of research done on the role of electromagnetic fields and human health with little evidence of ill effects. So until there is at least some evidence that electromagnetic fields play a role in IBS - for example that getting a CAT scan, X-ray, using the pill cam or working on a computer makes your IBS worse - I think I will stay with the current theories about IBS

However, if you feel there might be a relationship between IBS and using your cell phone by all means don't use it. I am quite content to will wait for the scientific evidence:)

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#323299 - 01/27/08 07:23 AM
CJIBSDG

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Idaho

Quote:

Over the past few decades there has been an enormous amount of research done on the role of electromagnetic fields and human health with little evidence of ill effects. So until there is at least some evidence that electromagnetic fields play a role in IBS - for example that getting a CAT scan, X-ray, using the pill cam or working on a computer makes your IBS worse - I think I will stay with the current theories about IBS

First I would like to point out that while you may have found an enormous amount of studies that indicate that electromagnetic fields have little ill effect, there are NUMEROUS studies that tell us the exact opposite.

Also, my comments were not about the relationship of IBS and electromagnetic fields (although it certainly is possible - anything is after all). My comments were regarding Brain cancer and cell phones which in my own opinion, anyone disputing the likelihood of this must be living under a rock.

--------------------
Jeanette IBS-D, then switched to IBS-A, now stable with Udo's Choice Super Bifido Plus Probiotic

#323301 - 01/27/08 07:42 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

I think I will stick with the opinion of reputable organizations like the National Cancer Institute that concludes "Overall, research has not consistently demonstrated a link between cellular telephone use and cancer or any other adverse health effect."

However, as with all research there is a caveat "more research needs to be done before conclusions can be drawn" I am will to wait for more research to be done .

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 614 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4899

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review