Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Getting my BMs back
      #320501 - 12/12/07 10:21 AM
Gbridelady

Reged: 05/30/07
Loc: Indiana

Hi everyone,
I was getting so much gas from soy milk I switched to almond milk and am much better in the gas area but a couple of weeks ago I really splurged on 1/4 of a symphony bar (I know, slap my hands!) but I have paid for it dearly ever since. The next day the cramping was terrible and I was going to the bathroom everytime I ate or drank so I started BTC Diet to try to stabilize myself, gradually adding veggies, etc. Now I am very constipated, almost to the point I was last May when I was diagnosed w/IBS. I am on acacia (1/2 tsp. AM & PM) and the last few days I have been taking 1 tsp. of Natural Calm w/cup of hot water around bedtime to try and get more than pebbles out of me. My stomach is so sore from straining! Any suggestions will greatly be appreciated. I'm so tired all of the time and my back aches after just getting ready for work. Geesh, I feel old before my time, and I'm not old enough to retire! Has anyone experienced problems w/constipation on the almond milk? Just thought I'd ask. Sorry this has gotten so wordy but I am so frustrated, just had to vent. Again, I am sorry!

--------------------
Gloria
IBS-C, lactose intolerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Getting my BMs back new
      #320505 - 12/12/07 11:08 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

No I am fine with almond milk!! Infact I like it better!! I use it in my baking,ceral ect.. first of all you might be messed up alittle from taking some tums or gas ex or whatever to get regular again. I am mostly C and sometimes it would 3-4 days before a small BM. But now on the acadia I am everyday or every other. So my suggestion is to increase your dose. How long have you been on 1/2 tsp? I was for about 4 weeks and then I increased to 1 tsp and that has really made an improvement. But really you need more to fell better. Try a heating pad to soothe your back and belly plus it will relax you. take care

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

Re: Getting my BMs back new
      #320507 - 12/12/07 11:42 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I would increase the Natural Calm. I take 3 tsp a night....and it works every time, usually. If I go down to 1 tsp, I don't go. Plus, you can increase this immediately without having the slower process of getting used to increases in fiber.....not that you shouldn't slowly work on that if you think it would help. But the Natural Calm is instant...for me at least.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Getting my BMs back (To Jordy) new
      #320554 - 12/12/07 07:41 PM
Gbridelady

Thanks, Jordy, for your reply. I am going to increase my Natural Calm to 2 tsp. each PM and also start increasing my Acacia gradually to see if that doesn't help. Something's gotta give sooner or later and I think the NC will help it be a more natural effect, at least I sure hope so! Thanks again and take care!

--------------------
Gloria

Edited by Gbridelady (12/12/07 07:42 PM)

Re: Getting my BMs back (To auntdebs318) new
      #320555 - 12/12/07 07:52 PM
Gbridelady

Hi deb,
Thanks so much for replying to my post. I had been taking 1/2 tsp. of Acacia AM & PM for several mos. but am going to increase to 1 tsp. AM & PM and also take 2 tsp. Natural Calm at bedtime and see if that doesn't help. I took two Imodium tablets when I was having the stomach pains and running to the bathroom and I know that has really messed up my system. It takes me forever to get back to some kind of normalcy. But I'll just keep drinking my peppermint tea and doing what I'm supposed to do, and hopefully it will get better. Thanks again for your help. Take care!

--------------------
Gloria

Re: Getting my BMs back (To Jordy) new
      #320564 - 12/13/07 06:20 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Awe, your welcome and hope it helps.

I reduced my NC to 2 tsp (from 3) last night and guess what? I got "nothing" this morning. Back to 3 tonight.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6414 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1503

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review