All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advil? Excedrin? Anything?
      #319445 - 11/26/07 08:31 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Today, Monday, I'm at work and I've been here since 8 AM. I have yet to sit down because I've got the super cramps that feel like I'm going to give birth! The last time this happened to me was in August of '06--before the diagnosis of IBS--and luckily it was a Friday night and I went home, popped a couple of Advil (200mg each) and laid down. Before the pain had subsided, I got two huge cramps that made me punch the wall and scream in agony. The next morning the pain was gone but I was sore all over my groin area from the pain the night before.

Anyway, now I'm at work and it crept up on me as soon as I came in (8 AM). I haven't sat down because the pressure of the seat against my butt makes it worse and when I try to sit down, I'm sitting mostly on my left thigh. The pain that makes me scream in agony happened 3x but not as intense as it did last year but it made me wince nonetheless.

Can I take a couple of Advil or Excedrin for this without making the IBS go kooky?

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advil? Excedrin? Anything? new
      #319460 - 11/26/07 10:59 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

I am not a big fan of those meds but thats me. I keep a small heating pad at my desk to put on my belly when I cramp. I suggest you get them for the future. I know it wont help now but maybe drink some hot fennel tea if you have it there? Hugs.. I hope it passes soon.

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#319464 - 11/26/07 11:31 AM

Unregistered

Wendee,
Are you sure this is IBS related? I had these EXACT same symptoms including soreness the next day and it ended up being a cyst on my ovary that ruptured.....forget the Advil, they gave me Vicodin! I hope you're feeling better

#319469 - 11/26/07 12:09 PM
Erilyn

Reged: 11/14/07
Loc: Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

Wendy, I hope you feel better soon! I had a couple of awful days like that - the most recent was one day last winter or spring, and I was also stuck at work. I was in AGONY. I had to go to the bathroom a few times just so I could lie down on the floor and moan.

--------------------
IBS-A since age 12, and fructose sensitive; with the exception of my pregnancy, have been following Heather's diet since Nov. 19, 2007.
Taking 12g of Acacia per day. Relatively stable since March 2008!

#319477 - 11/26/07 01:17 PM
BendeeWendee

Hey Auntdebs, when this particular pain comes along, I don't necessarily feel it in my lower abdomen, I feel it shoot up through my vajayjay and/or my rear and so sitting down just adds to the pressure. What I do feel in my groin area is not your typical cramp, it's like the residual of the shooting pain. Coughing, laughing, sneezing, etc. makes it worse. I tell ya, I'm one strange chick!

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

#319479 - 11/26/07 01:21 PM
BendeeWendee

I would LOVE to blame it on IBS, but I've had this happen to me back in '92--sort of like today--, a little more subtle a couple of years later, very BAD in August of last year, and now again today like in '92. I don't think it's IBS related. I had a vaginal sonogram in September and everything, except for the gas that was stuck near my left ovary, was peachy. Go figure. I think I need a lobotomy and an overhaul.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

#319482 - 11/26/07 01:23 PM
BendeeWendee

Thanks Erilyn. I'm better now but if I sit certain ways, I can feel it. How crazy is this? The funny thing is that no one even notices cause I mask it well. I'm walking normally now before I was like a snail and walking real gingerly. When I get home I think I have to have a BM and I know I'll feel it again then.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

#319500 - 11/26/07 03:44 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey, BendeeWendee, I hope you're feeling better now. I get a similar pain in that area, but not as severe as you're getting it. It usually happens when I'm constipated (which is a rare thing since I'm a D). If you can't take advil or other NSAIDs because of IBS, I recommend extra strength Tylenol, hot peppermint tea, and a heat pad. Spasms in the colon are really a pain in the butt and you can have what is called "referred" pain in other areas (lower back, rear, etc).

#319523 - 11/26/07 06:11 PM
BendeeWendee

So I get home and I have to have a BM and sho nuf, there was the pain again so immediately I would squeeze my sphincter and the pain would go away. When I would let it go to continue the BM, I'd feel it again and when the BM was done (it was a hunky one no less, woohoo!), the pain went away.

I have Advil in my medicine cabinet and I have Excedrin at work and I didn't take either one because I don't know if that's an IBS no-no. I guess I can go out and get some Tylenol. I'd do the Peppermint Tea but I have Acid Reflux and so I stick to the Fennel Tea.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3138

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review