All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
8 months and still C
      #318592 - 11/14/07 09:09 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Hello all...I am again frustrated because I have not deviated from any aspects of the diet for 8 months but I am still C. My question is when I am C do I need to up the SF or the IF. I currently take 21 grams of SFS, do I need to up that. SOOOOOOO Confused. Thanks in advance for all replies. Take care, Andrew

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 8 months and still C new
      #318595 - 11/14/07 09:27 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hey Andrew, just wondering. Do you take Acacia powder? That should somewhat make you start to go.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#318597 - 11/14/07 09:30 AM
auntdebs318

Reged: 10/18/07
Loc: Yardley, Pa

wendee,

So how does it take to work? I am taking it over 3 weeks now and just increased and still having "C". So I am just as frustarated

--------------------
IBS-C gas, bloating and acid reflux

Babies is the plan for 2008!!Hope this IBS cooperates.

#318600 - 11/14/07 09:37 AM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I guess we're all different, as far as reaction time goes. I'm IBS-C and I started the Acacia back in August. I did 1/4 teaspoon 2x a day for a week, then I upped it to 1/2 a teaspoon the week after and so on. I'm now at 1 teaspoon once a day (with dinner) and I've been there for about 2 months now. When I'm eating normally (full breakfast, lunch, dinner), I'll have a BM every other day. If I screw up, I'll have gas AND D or loosey goosey stool within an hour or so after the screw up.

I've read from others on here that the Acacia helps "regulate" them except for the occasional flare up. My BMs are anxiety driven when I'm away from home but when I'm home, I'm every other day.

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#318702 - 11/15/07 06:54 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

If it were me, I'd cut the SFS drastically. I think you are getting way too much of it and it may be difficult for you to take in enough liquid to flush it all out. 21 grams plus the fiber you get from foods.

Maybe I'm wrong, but the SFS doesn't seem to be helping. I got up to 10 grams and was so afraid to try to decrease because I didn't want to lose all the time it took to get up that high. But, I went down to 2 tsp a day, take Natural Calm, and the C is so much better. Just my 2 cents.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4942 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1072

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review