All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about Miralax
      #317825 - 11/02/07 10:29 AM
MonkeyDog

Reged: 01/06/05

I just saw this advertised on tv since it is now non-Rx. Does anyone take this daily? I read on the website that is says to not take it for longer than seven days. Can it be taken daily, indefinitely?

Thanks!

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about Miralax new
      #317826 - 11/02/07 10:48 AM
sharond

Reged: 10/29/07

When I went to the doc last year, he gave me prescription for Miralex...he said could take it indefinitely!!!! I find that hard to believe...he says he has had patients on it for years!!! Anyway, it made me VERY nauseaus after about three days...felt like I was gagging all the time.
Sharon

#317828 - 11/02/07 11:04 AM
MonkeyDog

Hmm...nausea vs. constipation....oy, what a choice. From what I have read it does seem that others take it long(er) term - definitely longer than the one week that the website says. I may give it a try but I don't like the idea of being on a "laxative" long-term...will keep alert for nausea though. Thanks!

--------------------
IBS-C

#317847 - 11/02/07 03:50 PM
blackrvn5

Reged: 04/02/07
Loc: Virginia

I took it for about 7 months with no problems and just weaned myself off it slowly by cutting the dosage. I had no problems with it. Just make sure you add it to plenty of water. My doctor suggested doing 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 at night if I got gassy from it. It's not like regular laxatives, very mild.

--------------------
Susan
IBS-A, Gas, Pain, Reflux
"The first in time and the first in importance of the influences upon the mind is that of nature. Every day, the sun; and after sunset, night and her stars. Ever the winds blow; ever the grass grows."
Emerson, August 31, 1837

#317866 - 11/03/07 04:45 AM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I take miralax every morning and have been doing so since Late may. I havent had any problems

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

#318104 - 11/06/07 04:35 PM
MonkeyDog

Thanks for the comments. I took half a dose this morning so we shall see how it works for me. I'm guessing that TPTB let this be OTC as long as they said "don't use it for more than a week." I guess it's ok for longer than that, they just want that to be under the advise of a doctor.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review