All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Almond and Soy
      #317418 - 10/25/07 01:04 PM
abby6126

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Towson MD

I used to drink Soy milk but it gave me extra gas so now I have been using Almond in my cereal. I am debating what to cook with. Will using a small amount of soy milk in recipes be alright and how does the almond milk taste while cooking?

--------------------
Abby-IBS-C, Lactose Intolerant, fructose sensitive

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Almond and Soy new
      #317440 - 10/25/07 03:12 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I haven't tried almond milk for cooking, but I'm it would work fine. However, I usually soy or rice milk for cooking and it doesn't give me any extra gas. It's drinking a cold glassful or with cereal that makes me a little gassier. I think Rice Dream and Soy Dream plain beverages for cooking/baking -- no reason except that they aren't as sweet and don't have a strong taste to them.

Re: Almond and Soy new
      #317451 - 10/25/07 04:08 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I switched from soy to almond a while ago, and haven't looked back. I use almond milk for cooking, baking, cereal and straight drinking. For cooking/baking a plain unsweetened is a good replacement for regular milk. I like the vanilla for cereal and drinking. I find the taste better as it doesn't interfere with other flavors when you're cooking with it. Sometimes soy would leave a 'soy' after taste.

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2891 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 677

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review