All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
day by day
      #317047 - 10/19/07 05:35 PM
mission2do

Reged: 10/05/07

It is essential to have a GI doc that understands IBS. I give credit to mine. He knows his stuff. In addition to the probiotics I am taking, he recommended a good yeast also, if you don't know about this look it up Saccharomyces boulardii. I take that and my probiotics everyday. I feel so much better. I take enzymes depending on the meal. I still am working on recipes adaptations.Since I have a picky eater child I feel like a short order cook making three meals!
I really wanted something bad the other day-- a hamburger(beef trigger!). That is the hard part.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: day by day new
      #317073 - 10/20/07 06:23 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Good for you, I'm glad you found a doctor that is knowledgeable about IBS. A lot of doctors just want to treat you with pills so it's good that he recommended probiotics.
I'm curious, did he also say anything about your diet? Most doctors I've met keep telling me the same old "lots of IF, yogurt, salads, etc...." so I wonder what yours has to say.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#317093 - 10/20/07 03:07 PM
mission2do

Reged: 10/05/07

We discussed the difference and need for SF and IF. I had believed for so long that I was lactose intolerant and that the lactase pills never seemed to work. He suggested eliminating dairy from my diet. We reviewed a food diary I had kept and I had already identified what I considered to be trigger foods. He agreed that I had identified those that were common triggers and he encouraged me to continue to carefully evaluate foods
(elimination diet and challenges).

#317098 - 10/20/07 04:53 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

What a good doctor who is actually willing to play around with your diet! Your lucky!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2228 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1448

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review