All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
VERY GRAFFIC QUESTION
      #316469 - 10/11/07 03:27 PM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

Ok so I am very embarrassed to be asking this question but I figure if anyone can understand it would be you guys....
So I have IBS-C most of the time but Ill be super constipated for like 4 days and all of a sudden it will just hit me and Ill have to run into the bathroom with D.

Anyway my question is...everytime I do have a BM I can see the food I ate. I mean like out comes rice if I had rice, or lettuce if I had lettuce. Is this semi-normal for an IBSer or could this be something more serious? does anyone else have whole/ chewed up food in their stool???
SORRY so graffic- i warned you

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: VERY GRAFFIC QUESTION new
      #316473 - 10/11/07 03:47 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I had that problem when I first started the diet and wasn't stable. I know, it's pretty disgusting.

I don't know what to tell you, other than it's malabsorption. It hasn't happened to me in a long time, but it's not unheard of.

#316474 - 10/11/07 04:02 PM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

That's never happened for me. I would understand if you very predominantly D but with a C...I don't know. Sorry.

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

#316485 - 10/11/07 06:53 PM
BendeeWendee

Reged: 07/23/07
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

I don't know. Isn't it normal to see food you've eaten in your stool--be it D or a well-formed stool--especially foods that just don't break down in your digestive system such as corn and such?

--------------------
Wendy IBS A thru Z
Taking it one day at a time...

#316486 - 10/11/07 07:25 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

It doesn't usually happen to me but I have seen it with my children (infants/toddlers) in their diapers. Not just corn...some other bits and pieces of things too. I would talk to your GI doctor and make sure he/she knows how often it is happening. I'm not sure if it could be a sign of something serious, but at the very least if it's malabsortion, you're probably not getting all the nutrients you need. Good luck...and don't worry about being graphic. THat's what we're here for. There have been way worse things posted!

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#316524 - 10/12/07 09:22 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

It happens to me- and has done much more recently. I get bits of red peppers and sweetcorn for example. It freaked me out too but apparently it's nothing to worry about (according to my mum at least! )

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

#316555 - 10/12/07 12:41 PM
haleym

do you take Heathers fiber....maybe that will help with my problem cause right now its like everything i eat, not just corn

#316558 - 10/12/07 01:06 PM
clairews6

Reged: 09/08/07
Loc: Staffordshire, UK

Quote:

So I have IBS-C most of the time but Ill be super constipated for like 4 days and all of a sudden it will just hit me and Ill have to run into the bathroom with D.

everytime I do have a BM I can see the food I ate. I mean like out comes rice if I had rice, or lettuce if I had lettuce.

I get all you described also!
I've started chewing my food more lately and also taking a a soluble fiber supplement (benefibre - UK version) and it has helped a little with this.
i'm glad you posted this actually as i was also thinking it was just me :-)
Hope you feel better soon!
Claire
x

--------------------
Aged 31, 1 Husband 2 Cats and maybe (hopefully) a baby soon

#316559 - 10/12/07 01:11 PM
haleym

Thanks for the reply. I heard that benefiber might hae wheat in it and be constipating? is this the case for you ? is the UK version different?

#316560 - 10/12/07 01:16 PM
clairews6

Reged: 09/08/07
Loc: Staffordshire, UK

Err?! i dont really know :-)
What i do know is that benefibre in the uk contains the main ingredient Wheat Dextrin rather than inulin which can cause wind n bloating i believe, but in the US i believe benefibre does contain inulin?!
I'm curious now though, do you know what ingredient it is supposed to contain too cause the constipation (that is my biggest problem) cause if it does i'll stop using it and find an alternative.
Be interested to hear anyone else's thoughts on this too?
Claire
xx

--------------------
Aged 31, 1 Husband 2 Cats and maybe (hopefully) a baby soon

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1168 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4698

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review