All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Re: Me too (to Dave) new
      #316298 - 10/08/07 07:18 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

David, have you tried taking magnesium vitamins? I used to take them every day but stopped because I develop rashes from lots of different supplements. My friend takes it for years, one or 2 magnesium capsules before bedtime and what a gentle relief in the morning! It's very easy on your body because it's natural, it's a vitamin. Try if you haven't yet.

You do avoid dairy, don't you? Also, lots of soy constipates too because of high iron content. If you're taking vitamins, buy the kind without iron, in safeway. It's on sale for 4 bucks now, 250 count.

Good luck and write more.
Tatyana.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No one with IBS-C has gotten more constipated by adding all these white carbs ???? I am!! new
      #316300 - 10/08/07 07:28 PM
haleym

Reged: 10/07/07

thanks for some of the suggestions guys..... i am only on day 4 and have already gained 3lbs!! And I do not want to gain any weight.Maybe I just need to give it time but its hard, I think its because I went from being on a low carb diet( my only carbs being in the am and in veggies) to now eating soo many....dont know if this is right for me or if I should wait it out ??? -constipated and gaining by the minute

TATYANA new
      #316316 - 10/09/07 08:22 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Did you stop taking the the Acacia Fiber too? Did that help make things move along any?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Me too new
      #316319 - 10/09/07 08:47 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Quote:

I've tried gluten-free with rice flour, potato flour, tapioca etc - same results).

I wonder why. What do you eat, David? You sound like you must be so restrictive. I'm so sorry....can anyone (professional) offer you any suggestions?

It's good that you know that being "too empty" can also cause problems!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: TATYANA new
      #316332 - 10/09/07 01:10 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I don't take Acacia fiber every day but I do take it when I feel I need it: when I eat lots of starchy foods or when I start having pains.
I eat oatmeal or wheaties cereal with raisings every morning. Wheat doesn't seem to bother me and actually helps me.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Re: No one with IBS-C has gotten more constipated by adding all these white carbs ???? I am!! new
      #316377 - 10/10/07 06:57 AM

Unregistered

Hi, I'm IBS-C, too. Like you, I'm very serious about managing my weight. The idea of eating all these carbs flipped me out at first, too. My old diet was only veggies, fruit, chicken or tofu and occasionally some whole wheat or other whole grains. So, I understand the battle ground. Rationally, I don't believe it's possible to gain 3 or 4 pounds in 4 days. For other people, that is. For myself, my fear is that it's possible. So I can hear your story and think more rationally than I would about my own. If I were going through what you are, I would be gripped in a panic of terror that I was going to gain a million pounds and then have to hide my fat self away forever. So. Is it possible that you've gained "weight" on the scale because you're not going to the bathroom? And is it possible that you're not going to the bathroom because you're terrified that the new diet you're following is going to make you fat? Stress affects everybody. I know you'll get through this, one way or another. Good luck.
-Jen

#316382 - 10/10/07 08:19 AM
Zara

Reged: 06/07/06

Hi there, I think your "weight gain" is actually mostly water since you said that you were switching from a low carb diet. Once your body reaches the optimal balance of nutrients your weight will stabilize. Don't worry though, it doesn't mean that you have to gain 20lbs to get there!
As for refined carbs - I just try not to overdo them and incorporate as much IF as I can. And even different "white" carbs have a different effect on my C. Sweet potatoes are great and so it oatmeal (and I love Quaker's Oatmeal Squares cereal). I also try to go easy on sugar because even though the EFI diet considers it safe I found that too much of it contributes to my bloating and that "ugh, I feel so heavy" feeling.
I hope you find the right balance for your body soon!

--------------------
IBS-C, bloating, cramps
pregnant

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4156

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review