All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need your help AGAIN.......
      #313663 - 08/21/07 05:59 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

I need your help again, My daughter's doctor wants me to take her off all wheat and Gluten. What I would like to know is what types of bread do you eat with out gluten or wheat. And I guess that meants we will not be able to eat any of the great Fruit, Veggie breads from Heather's receips, and they are so good. I know she can rice or corn but what about BREAD?
thanks in advance,
eva

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need your help AGAIN....... new
      #313668 - 08/21/07 06:21 PM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

No fear, my dear. I have celiacs disease and find GF bread to absolutely delicious. There are many types you can choose from made from rice, almond, corn and tapioca flour. You can go to a HFS to find these or you can order them online at www.glutenfreemall.com You can also make some gluten free breads and cakes yourself. I love to make cakes with Rice Flour. There is one really good Rice Flour muffins recipe someone once posted here. Try searching the board under the recipe index for 'gluten free' and you find some recipes. Good Luck! Also, here is a link to unsafe foods to watch out for when going gluten free http://www.celiac.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=185

HTH

#313669 - 08/21/07 06:23 PM
caputsky

Reged: 03/24/07
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi,

Many months ago I put myself on a gluten-free diet to try and help my stomach issues. It seemed to help a bit, but now that I've discovered Heather's diet I no longer follow it. However, due to the fact that I tried it for over a month, I learned a lot about cooking with it. First of all, you can probably make the fruit and veggie breads from the recipe index that you like, but you will have to substitute rice or potato flour instead of wheat flour. A bunch of people on this site also go gluten free (I remember from previous posts), and they can probably give you other tips. Also, there are a few recipes for gluten-free breads in the recipe index. Lastly, if you search "gluten-free" or "wheat-free" on this board or the recipe board, a bunch of ideas will probably pop up. The thing to know about this type of diet is that it often takes several weeks to see major improvements. But if you are willing to give it a try and your daughter is not too adverse to it, then go for it -- many people have found more relief by eliminating wheat. Anyway, I hope some of this helped and good luck with it! Keep us posted.

Julie
IBS-D, GERD, lactose intolerant

--------------------
"We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."

#313707 - 08/22/07 09:33 AM
Cast_Away

Reged: 08/15/07
Loc: Orlando, Florida

Here in Fla we have several types of alternate food stores like "whole foods" and "chamberlin's" that carry organic and natural food choices. If you find something specific on-line- you can always ask you regular grocery manager to start carrying the product for you. My Publix now carries a wide variety of stuff in their "orgainic" section.
Never be afraid to ask!

--------------------
IBS-D, with Coloitis from surgery

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 494 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1569

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review