All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Couple of question, Please help
      #312064 - 07/26/07 07:25 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

Is cranberry Sause safe of IBS.
Does anyone know how much is too much fat for IBS.
And is there anything else high, in what ever that we need to watch out for in recipes beside the regular Triggers that I know of from heather's books.
And is there some were we can check a recipe for calories, fat, & calories from fat, protein & cholesterol per serving when a recipe does not have this. I'm not good at doing this by myself and since I cooking my daughter's meals I really would like to know how much she is getting per serving to make sure she's not getting too much fat in her meals. She has been having a bad time these past 2 weeks and I afraid I might be adding too much fat after I add all the ingredients, even thou I try to not put too much of fats, but maybe after it's all done it is too much. Can anyone help I know there are some great cooks out there I wish I was but I can only go by a recipe. Also some friends of mine gave me some ground turkey and when I cooked it, it looks a little gressy, and ground turkey have too much fat?????
thanks for y'all help, it's been great getting help from all of you.
eva

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Couple of question, Please help new
      #312074 - 07/27/07 05:44 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Many cranberry sauces contain HFCS. You will have to check the label. I have not been able to find a cranberry sauce that does not contain HFCS. You may have better luck in your city.

The recommended amount of fat by Heather is the same as the FDA recommended daily fat intake which is about 25% of total calories. Personally, I don't eat any foods that contain more than 10% fat/oil by wieght.

The amount of fat and type of fat/oil in a food is usually given on the package label. Or you can use the FDA Food Database to look up the average amount of fat/oil in a food. If you prepare meals at home then you can use fact that 1 tsp oil weighs 5 grams and contains about 8 calories per gram.

Ground turkey contains about 8% fat by weight whereas turkey breast contains about 2% fat by weight.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 923 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 405

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review