All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia Tummy Fiber......
      #310488 - 07/05/07 11:08 AM
avjens

Reged: 09/13/05
Loc: Iowa

First of all Acacia Tummy Fiber is great. I was wondering if anyone ever has trouble getting it to dissolve properly --- I usually make my hot peppermint tea in one cup, put the acacia tummy fiber in another cup and then pour the hot tea on top of the fiber, then stir it with my fork. If I do it this way it works, if I alter it because I am somewhere else and can't I have trouble -- it wants to clump together and is gross. Also, what do you all do when you are on vacation?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia Tummy Fiber...... new
      #310496 - 07/05/07 01:04 PM
ElenaDragon

Reged: 06/04/07

It can be a tricky to get it to dissolve, but I always put it in the bottom of the glass too and pour the liquid on top. I just put mine in plain water though. If it's in a glass, I pour the water in, stir it up and let it sit for a few minutes. Letting it sit usually helps it dissolve more. Also, I take a water bottle to work with me and put some Acacia in the bottom of it, fill it with water, shake it up, and then let it sit. That way I can sip on it all day.

On vacation I take my Acacia with me! I usually just enough for the trip in some tupperware. I've never had any problems taking it on the plane with me (it's a powder, not a liquid), but if you're worried you can keep it in its original packaging to be safe.

--------------------
Lisa
IBS-A, Interstitial Cystitis, Migraines

Re: Acacia Tummy Fiber...... new
      #310506 - 07/05/07 02:53 PM
melinda413

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Findlay, OH

when i went to Disney world a couple of weeks ago I brought a plastic baggie with me with the fiber in. Then when I left the hotel for the day I would bring a small medicine bottle with me in my purse and sprinkle it into the bottom of my water bottle and fill it up so I wouldn't miss a dose. It worked great and I had no issues!

--------------------
Melinda
IBS-A but leans toward C mostly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1937 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 459

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review