Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Help, I am in need of some advice/bump from a previous post new
      #310404 - 07/04/07 11:58 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Kim,
Thanks so much for the reply, I know I'm not losing the weight from the IBS, I've had it practically all my life, plus I have read that you are not supposed to lose weight from D from IBS??? At least I know someone else has those type of symptoms from an attack. I head to the Cleveland Clinic for the third time this Friday, with hopes they have the answers to my bizarre symptoms which manifested about 9 months and have rapidly progressed........I'm hoping it's just a pill or injection or something "easy" that I can take to help whatever is wrong with me.

Thanks for the response. I'm still learning about the calcium, so I'll research it some more and decide what to try

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Caltrate + D and calcium information! thanks maria!maria! nt new
      #310405 - 07/04/07 12:00 PM
LtDanFan

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

#310433 - 07/04/07 05:51 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I would have replied sooner but I've been away!

I am primarily D and I take calcuim every day. I was recommended to because I don't even drink soy milk to get enough calcuim in my diet. I don't find it makes my D and worse or any better. (I have been taking it for 5+ years though.)

The calcuim I take has:
333 mg of elemental calcium (carbonate, citrate, fumarate, malate, succinate and glutamate)
167 mg of elemental magnesium (oxide, citrate, fumarate, malate, succinate and glutamate)
133 IU Vitamin D

I was told the mix of calcium and magnesium is what I need. Each person is different.

Good luck on getting healthy again!! I sympathize about the weight loss - I'm down 40 lbs since last Feb and cannot put a pound on either!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: Help, I am in need of some advice/bump to Toady new
      #310473 - 07/05/07 09:40 AM
LtDanFan

Thanks for the post, do you only take 333mg of calcium a day, is that all you need, I thought women needed like around 1200 or more a day....just wondering and the magnesium doesn't affect your D? Thanks for the kind words....I hope my nerves don't kick in because of my trip.....I may have to take an extra anxiety pill.....

--------------------

#310478 - 07/05/07 09:58 AM
kimberste

Reged: 04/22/07

Hello,
If you find any answers that make sense, please let us know. My symptoms started suddenly 8 months ago, and were chalked up to a bad gall bladder. I had it removed 6 months ago, but the symptoms persisted. Now the MDs are scratching their heads, as all the tests came back normal, and some of my symptoms don't match typical IBS (symptoms at night, weight loss, and other weirdness). The first GI doc I saw did all his procedures, then called it IBS. If I get any answers or confirmation from this second GI guy that I am seeing in Aug, I will let you know. A injection or pill solution would be great, but my life is never that simple, I'm afraid.

Good luck to you!
Kim

Re: Lt Dan Fan new
      #310489 - 07/05/07 11:15 AM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I was told at my age (31) and based on the other sources of calcium naturally - almonds, bread, figs - I should be alright with 1 tab a day. If I have less in my diet naturally then I will have to take 2 - morning and night. So far, so good!!

Here is a calculator to help tell you what you need.

http://www.osteoporosis.ca/english/about%20osteoporosis/calcium%20calculator/default.asp?s=1

Have a good trip, I hope your tummy and anxiety behaves!!!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 334 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3060

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review