All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
confusion
      #310197 - 06/30/07 08:28 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hi, i'm new to this board but have been following a diet similar to Heather's for the last 5 weeks. The only difference is that my dietitian told me that i'm not allowed any insoluble fibre and fruit and can only eat certain vegetables. She didn't tell me to cut out dairy or coffee. For the first 3 weeks i was really C and then in the 4th week i went 5 times, which is unheard of for me. But now i'm blocked up again yet my diet is no different now than it was in the 4th week when things were fine. Any suggestions? Surely if it was the dairy and coffee that was a problem i wouldn't have been able to go at all?

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: confusion new
      #310219 - 06/30/07 07:36 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

Surely if it was the dairy and coffee that was a problem i wouldn't have been able to go at all?

Not necessarily. IBS is not always consistent when it comes to symptoms. Sometimes certain foods can be tolerated and other times they can't. It makes no sense to me, personally, that you would be told not to have any IF at all in your diet, especially since so many IBS-Cers need extra IF to get things moving. And there are many safe fruits that IBS-ers can eat. Dairy and coffee are both big GI irritants and generally trigger attacks for most people.

I recommend trying Heather's diet.

Welcome to the boards.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: confusion new
      #310462 - 07/05/07 08:18 AM
welshsarah

Reged: 06/30/07
Loc: England, UK

Hey, many thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I think i will try Heather's diet as i've since been in touch with my dietitian (mostly because i've suddenly had lots of mucus with/instead of BM-sorry to be graphic-which i've never had before) and she's told me to carry on with the diet she's given me and has put my recent problems down to stress and lack of exercise rather than her diet. Is this sudden development (mucus) normal? Anyway, thanks again. xxx

--------------------
Sarah
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 538

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review