All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Confused a Bit
      #308375 - 06/02/07 03:37 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

I understand the whole cushioning of IF w/ SF. However, for IBS C'ers who are relatively stable........do you eat more IF or SF in a meal or snack? I take a SFS before every meal or snack so I am having trouble finding the balance of SF/IF in meals and snacks. Thanks in advance for any input.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Confused a Bit new
      #308409 - 06/02/07 02:55 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Congrats - I hope this means you're stabilizing! Maybe you could back off on the supplements, and just keep it to regular food for the SF. For example, try an apple instead of applesauce. It's all really trial and error - because everyone is different. Some can tolerate a lot more IF in their diet than others. For instance, I can't tolerate whole wheat/grains at ALL, yet can tolerate IF fruits and veggies quite well. So, it depends on the food, the person, the amount, .... It's going to take some time to figure out what's best for you. Whatever you do, do your trial and error slowly - so that you can track how you react to certain foods/amounts. If one doesn't work well, leave it out, and try it again later and see if you get the same results. If it works well, then you can keep it in your diet. Hope this all makes sense.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Confused a Bit new
      #308473 - 06/03/07 05:53 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I reduced my SF supplement when I got more c and stable (I was d) and now I just use food as my basis of SF for meals(crackers/toast/bagel/rice/pasta). I only take 1/2 tsp of acacia daily.

I keep things pretty safe at breakfast (acacia plus oatmeal...no other IF right away). Then I'll have IF later like a bagel with LOTS of fruit or a turkey sandwich with two-three slices of tomato. At dinner I can handle (and NEED) lots of veggies as long as I take Gasstop beforehand and have it with some rice/pasta/bread. I would say the ratio is probably 50/50 for those meals. Hope that helps.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 590

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review