All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: New here. Need urgent advice new
      #308213 - 05/31/07 08:42 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

There is a breath test for it, but I have found that very few places offer it.

Try not to get all caught up in the fructose issue. While it can be a problem for many, sometimes reading the board gives us scares we never had before. If you eliminate everything anyone has a problem with, you'll end up with a very poor diet. It's a horrible way to live.

I'm not saying it isn't a problem...but it may not!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#308217 - 05/31/07 09:04 AM
plo66

Reged: 05/28/07
Loc: Iowa

Thanks for your advice little minnie. I bought the fennel tea and started drinking it, but no relief yet. I am still really bloated. More than usuall actually. Why do we get so bloated? And why does some of it go away when we poop? I hate to be so vulger, but its the only way I can explain it. This disease is ruining my life. I can't even work because of it. I only wear elastic waist pants now. I have gained like 60 pounds over the last two years because at first I only had constant diarreah. So I was sick all the time and couldn't do anything. Now, I need to get this weight off and every time I start to exercise something else happens so I can't. I feel like there is someone out there stopping me. Anyway, how long does it take for the fennel tea to work?
Thanks

#308219 - 05/31/07 09:10 AM
plo66

Reged: 05/28/07
Loc: Iowa

Hi. Thanks for your advice. I bought heathers fennel tea at my local grocery store. I had 2 cups yesterday but still no relief. How long does it take to work? I am miserable. Iam more bloated now than I was a couple days ago. I don't understand it. Why does it happen? I heard that there is gas in the stools that make it happen. Anyway, thanks for your advice but I feel like there is someone out there stopping me from ever getting better. Everytime I try to start exercising again ( I used to everyday before this ) something happens like this to stop me. I am having horrible back pain from the bloating. I will try heathers diet. I bought some soy milk so maybe that will help?
Thanks alot

Hang in there, hon! new
      #308222 - 05/31/07 09:28 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It takes time. Keep up with the fennel tea. If you look on the yoga section of this page (yoga for IBS) on the left hand side of the page, there are some great gas - relieving postures that can really help with trapped gas. Whoo wee!

Also, it will take you a while to figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Certain foods are no problem for some, and others can't touch it. It's a bit of trial and error when it comes to the insolubles. So, at the start, stick to the lots of soluble fibre, avoid all triggers religiously. Make sure you're not overeating - lots of small meals - I find I bloat the most when I've eaten too much. Eat off a sandwich plate or smaller.
Just don't put too much pressure on yourself for exercise - even a small stroll a couple times a day can help. Just take it a bit at a time. HUGS!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1611 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review