Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone else on Lexapro???
      #305756 - 04/23/07 07:43 PM
MySumoBaby

Reged: 10/22/06
Loc: California

Hey all,
So, here's my story. About 2 months ago I began having horrid panic attacks if I wasn't near a bathroom (I'm IBS-D) even if I didn't feel unstable. So, I went to my doctor who prescribed Lexapro for my anxiety. So far I think it's been working pretty well, however I have had the sexual side effect which my doctor said could be remedied by adding welbutrin. Has anyone done this? I'm reluctant because I don't want to add yet one more prescription to my daily regime. Any thoughts or advice...Please??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anyone else on Lexapro??? new
      #305760 - 04/23/07 09:06 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm on Lexapro, but I didn't have any sexual side effects at all, so I'm not much help there. Sorry!

Did you try doing a board search? Antidepressants have been talked about *a lot* on here, and someone else may have posted what you're looking for. Be sure to search with no time limit for the most results.

Good luck!

#305796 - 04/24/07 07:50 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I agree. Do a search for "Lexapro" and you will see all my recent posts and questions about it. I take 10mg now for anxiety and it has definitely helped. It's also made me more c (I was an A when I started it). I was originally IBS-D and petrified like you to be away from a bathroom. The meds should help but you also need to consider following this diet and maybe do some hypnotherapy to keep your anxiety at bay.

As for sexual side effects, I didn't have a high libido to begin with and yes, the med. made it worse but I'm dealing wtih it b/c the pros outway the con. I have heard about adding Wellbutrin to balance it (from my gyno) but I also do not want to "take" something else.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#305809 - 04/24/07 09:53 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

How funny; I just posted a similar question regarding Effexor and sexual side effects. I, too, am considering adding Welbutrin. My doctor seems to think it should balance everything out, but that it may not be as effective in controlling my (depression) symptoms as the Effexor is. Keep me posted!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#305846 - 04/24/07 10:32 PM
MySumoBaby

Reged: 10/22/06
Loc: California

Thanks everyone for your input. I have been following Heather's diet for about 5 months now and it's working wonderfully-its just the anxiety I need to curb now. I'm going to do the search and then leave it up to my Dr. (who I trust in so much) to tell me what she thinks the best thing for me would be. I'll definately let everyone know how the Wellbutrin works if I decide to begin taking it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 959

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review