All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about taking Meds
      #30538 - 12/08/03 08:14 AM
aelind

Reged: 12/01/03

Since my doctors appointment on Friday I have been taking Robinul 2 x's per day, 2 charco caps after each meal, and 2 citrucel after each meal. I wasn't able to have a BM yesterday and I felt very full (kind of a sick feeling). Most of the time I have the opposite problem. Do I need to be taking all of this? Can't I do this without meds? I hate to keep putting meds into my body. I bought Heathers book on Friday and will be using some of her ideas for my meals (thank you Heather). I just don't think it is right to keep pumping your body full of meds. Can someone give me some advice?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about taking Meds new
      #30546 - 12/08/03 08:32 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I agree 100%

Make sure you get enough water, fiber, rest, relaxation, and use a heating pad. Drink TONS of warm tea...the longer you brew it the better...fennel, peppermint, and gignger are all good for tummies. Any tea is good though Keep a food journal and write down how foods make you feel and your emotional state at the time of eating. Eat small meals throughout the day. Chew carefully and slowly. Make mealtime relaxing! Get plenty of exercise (try yoga too!)

Other natural ways to go include: Chiropractic, acupuncture, a naturopath, homeopathy, and IBS HYPNOTHERAPY (which I highly recommend).

HTH...feel better soon!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#30547 - 12/08/03 08:39 AM
aelind

So, should I consult my doctor before I go off these meds? I would like to not take them anymore. Sometimes I wait to long to eat and by that time - I will eat things that I know will upset me. I know I need to have better control over my eating patterns.

Thanks for all your advice.

#30550 - 12/08/03 08:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Did the doc tell you to take the meds every day or only as needed? If he told you every day...I would let him/her know you would like to try things meds-free...how can you go about weaning off the meds? If you take it as needed, you can probably just stop. HTH!

-<3-

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#30556 - 12/08/03 09:03 AM
aelind

I only started taking them on Friday, so I don't think it would be that hard to just stop at this point. I hope not anyway! I feel the same way about my kids taking meds. I don't take them to the doctors everytime they get a cold, I go to the health food store. I have to tell you they are much healthier than my step kids who take meds for every little thing. It is sad, because it is harder for your body to fight things off if you are always pumping it full of medication.

I think one of my other major problems is STRESS. Between my husband and I we have 6 kids, so every other week is a just crazy.

#30560 - 12/08/03 09:16 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I don't take meds for my sympyoms, Robinul is for the cramping of IBS? Charco is to get rid of infection due to food poisining or to clean the tract? I know the charco can cause constipation if you can get rid of that first and see how you do.Again I'm soo new to the whole IBS tell me more about your meds I'm curious. I agree though with Ruchie, try fennel and chamomile combo tea. Eat smaller meals and relax. Six kids can be a handful and quite demanding I have three of my own and 3 more everyday after school and weekends. Hope you can find a happy meduim with your meds.
Sherri

#30562 - 12/08/03 09:25 AM
aelind

I am new to IBS also! I just started taking the Robinul of Friday, but don't like it already. It says on the box that the Charco Caps is for gas, bloating, etc., should I not be taking this? I called my doctor and left a message, I am going to see about not taking the meds and going about it the natural way. Doctors don't usually like that, but we will see.

So, your house is crazy too!!! It can be very stressful at times.

Good luck!

#30643 - 12/08/03 06:26 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

I find the longer and the better I stick tothe diet, my need for meds have gone down-especially since I starting 12 grams of soluble fiber per day (Benefiber-the most palatable for me) It is nice to hve some meds available for those out of the blue attacks! Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

#30644 - 12/08/03 06:28 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I must be thinking of charcoal caps. This may be different.
Wait and see what the docs say first.

Re: six kids!!!!!!!!! new
      #30645 - 12/08/03 06:29 PM
maryh

Reged: 10/02/03
Loc: IL

No wonder you are stressed-my sympathies for you feeling ill and trying to be a mom too. I only have two-it's tough enough! I hope you feel better soon-do you have Heather's Books??? Maryh

--------------------
Whatever doesn't kill me will make me stronger!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 593 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1530

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review