All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: What fruits do you eat? new
      #304828 - 04/13/07 07:04 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

And cooked/chopped/pureed is more of an "or" statement than an "and" one. I eat cooked green beans, but I don't chop or puree them. I chop up strawberries and put them on cereal, but I don't cook or puree them (well, they get pureed in smoothies, but not cooked). And bananas...well, they just get eaten as is!

Cooking/chopping/pureeing makes things easier to handle, but once you get stable (particularly if you're C), you can live on the wild side a bit more. I eat salads (not iceberg lettuce and not all the time), I eat apples out of hand, etc. The big revelation for me with Heather's diet is that if you have the soluble fiber, fruits and vegetables are no longer the enemy!

--AC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What fruits do you eat? A lettuce question? new
      #304945 - 04/14/07 12:41 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I miss lettuce big time I was always eating on everything I was just wondering what kind of lettuce you eat if not ice berg lettuce! Thanks
Emmasmom
ibs-c

Leaf Lettuce new
      #304956 - 04/14/07 02:19 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I use leaf lettuce instead of iceberg. Note, however, that I was on the IBS diet for a year before I could tolerate more lettuce than just a little on a sandwich.

Re: Leaf Lettuce new
      #304969 - 04/14/07 04:28 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I recently had spinach leaves in a salad and was able to tolerate it with some SF. But I can also tolerate iceberg in small quantities so I don't know if that helps you much. I'd be curious to hear what kinds other people think are the most tolerable types of lettuce.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: Leaf Lettuce new
      #304976 - 04/14/07 09:02 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

To me, the main problem with eating lettuce as a salad is that you end up swallowing a lot of air with it. And my main problem is bloating/trapped. gas. I used to eat a baby-spinach salad almost every day, but now that I'm not doing as well, I'll steam the spinach instead.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Re: What fruits do you eat? A lettuce question? new
      #304991 - 04/15/07 09:41 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I actually do eat iceberg lettuce - I prefer it over the other types, it has more water and crunch. But I'll second what Snorkie said... I was on the diet for a LONG time before I could tolerate more lettuce than just a few shreds on a sandwich.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 920 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3088

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review