All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Traveling
      #304567 - 04/11/07 10:13 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Since traveling is one of the popular topics on this board.....what do you do for SFS when traveling. I just took a night trip and after every meal I was covered in Benefiber dust. Are the benefiber tablets safe? I think it would just be much easier.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Traveling new
      #304575 - 04/11/07 10:54 AM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

I just came back from a weekend trip. I just took my canister of Acacia with me. I have a tote bag that I put all my IBS friendly food & supplements in. I'm so use to it that it doesn't bother me.

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#304591 - 04/11/07 12:33 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

When I travel, I take the Acacia canister with me, but I measure out doses into tiny tupperware condiment containers and put them in my purse. That way I don't have to do any measuring at the table.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#304595 - 04/11/07 12:40 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I have Prodiem caplets that I plan to take travelling, but I also plan to take Acacia. I would have to take way too many caplets to equal the amount of fiber I'm getting from 1tbsp of Acacia (6grams = 12 caplets). Benefiber caplets are safe I believe, but not the chewables which have additives. Also Fibercon makes a caplet that is good, similar to the Prodiem.

I did travel around Europe for a month and brought Acacia with me (in a plastic resealable bag). Each morning I would put my full daily dose in a large water bottle and shake it up (2tbsp). Drinking that all day, I got my Acacia without worrying about what food to add it to.

--------------------
Kat

#304810 - 04/12/07 06:47 PM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

I'm suppose to go on a trip with my husband maybe next month and my daughter who is special and has IBS will be staying with my mom. I don't think I have every left my daughter for longer than 3 days in her 24 years of life, and now that she has IBS I'm worried sick about leaving her for 9 days. I'm trying to think of all the meals I can make and freeze so that my mom doesn't have to worry about fixing anything or worry about what she has to feed her. If any one has any suggestions please give them to me I could really use the help. We have been on the diet for only about a month and I'm learning what to give her also and sometime I learn with error and she's the one that has to pay for it. OH I might have a suggestion about the acacia powder. You might buy one of those small Monday through Saturday pill boxes and put your doses in each day for maybe use a day for each doses and that way you only have to flip the top and pour it into what ever you want. Just a suggestion. Thanks again for any HELP

#304836 - 04/13/07 09:40 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Heather's actually working on single-serving packets of acacia that will be GREAT for travelling! There was a thread about this in February. I think she said she hopes to have them out in a few months...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#304890 - 04/13/07 06:27 PM
Dizzy

Reged: 03/04/07
Loc: university place washington

hi! wow I could understand why your concerned, I'm a college student so I can pretty much only cook on sundays, I make different dishes, simple fish and veggies, satteed tofu, whatever and freeze it, then make rice(minute I'm lazy) each night and poor my meal over it.It's super easy, and the rice helps to insure you have a good base of SF to make it super safe.
good luck, I'm sure things are going to work out.

--------------------
ibc a but c predominent doing hypnotherapy and taking it one day at a time

#304919 - 04/14/07 07:47 AM
Angel in Pain

Reged: 03/25/07

Dizzy,
Thanks I'm not much a cook either, I cook because I have to not because I enjoy it. Does you fish freeze well and what do you do with satteed tofu and what is it. Also do you bag you food and put it in containers for the freezer.
Thanks a bunch

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 706 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1367

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review