All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
totally not worth it
      #304356 - 04/09/07 11:39 AM
seggy

Reged: 04/24/06
Loc: North East of England, UK

so because it was Easter weekend I decided I'd treat myself and have a bit of coke I had like less than 1/4 glass and was fine so must have gotten a bit cocky and had another swig out of my mam's glass tonight and had a pain and D.
lately I've been thinking cos I've been doing better maybe I could try just a bit of chocolate or some cheese and things but after this I think I'll be giving it a miss thank you lol
it's weird though how before I could eat and drink things without having a problem and diet seemed unrelated I was sick after anything really but now I'm following the diet I'm doing a lot better but a tiny bit of a trigger food can cause pain straight away. Do you think it's because our bodies are used to the nice comfortable food then all of a sudden they've been hit with something that will upset them so pain comes whereas before the pain would be more random because I'm constantly putting triggers in?
I thought it could be the knowledge that it's a trigger and so I'd worry which would cause the attack but when I had the coke I was feeling confident cos I had some the night before.
Anyway just writing my thoughts
oh and the few sips of coke weren't worth it at all

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: totally not worth it new
      #304359 - 04/09/07 11:44 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

"Do you think it's because our bodies are used to the nice comfortable food then all of a sudden they've been hit with something that will upset them so pain comes whereas before the pain would be more random because I'm constantly putting triggers in?"

Yep, that's totally how I see it.. My attacks were so random before, and now it's only right after a trigger food.

"I thought it could be the knowledge that it's a trigger and so I'd worry which would cause the attack but when I had the coke I was feeling confident cos I had some the night before."

I've had a trigger food before without realising it was a trigger food, and had immediate D 30 mins later. I had a tomato soup that I thought was safe, but milk was the 2nd ingredient which I noticed after the D attack. So no I don't think it's because we know it's bad for us..

And I agree, bites of trigger foods are so not worth it! And I do find the cravings go away with time. Cheese seems really greasy to me now, and I'm totally satisfied with chocolate cake/brownies instead of hard chocolate.

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2087 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 437

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review