All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Who posted about Rice milk (pacific brand)
      #301073 - 03/01/07 05:48 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Sorry, I can't find the post of who said that this certain kind of rice milk was yummy, I'd like to try it, but I don't remember the name. Help please Thanks!!

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That was me! new
      #301105 - 03/01/07 10:25 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

The low fat vanilla flavor is YUMMY!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: That was me! Lisa Marie new
      #301116 - 03/01/07 11:33 AM
LtDanFan

HI,
Thanks for the reply, is this the kind that sits on the shelf and is not refrigerated? Once you open it, how soon do you have to consume it and is the the pacific brand that you are talking about, is is hard to fine? Sorry for so many questions, I'm jsut missing my cereal so much, I want to get back to eating it.....I love my cereal. Thanks again

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

Re: Who posted about Rice milk (pacific brand) new
      #301135 - 03/01/07 01:24 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Rice Dream is good too. These milk substitutes should be refrigerated after opening and should be consumed within 10 days.

#301170 - 03/01/07 04:04 PM
Lisa Marie

Yes, it's on the shelf (not refrigerated). I have seen Pacific brand at HFS, not sure about other grocery stores. Sorry, but I found Rice Dream to be too watery for me! The containers say to consume it within ten days of opening. One carton usually lasts about two days in our house!

Mmmmm... maybe I'll have cereal and rice milk for dinner - you're making me hungry for that now!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#301174 - 03/01/07 04:10 PM
LtDanFan

So you use the pacific brand? Do they have plain or just vanilla? Is it a strong vanilla taste, is it bitter? Just trying to hit all bases before I venture out and get some. Once I am stable, since my attack Tuesday night, I want some cereal sooooo bad. I have rice chex, coco puffs, honeycombs.......oh my getting hungry, but still having the gas and rumblies, really can't figure out what did this to me.....I hoping my local krogers will have it, they seem to have a huge section of the "safe" stuff. Have you tried any other brands that are good? Thanks for the info...I'm having plain rice tonight.

--------------------

#301176 - 03/01/07 04:16 PM
Lisa Marie

They do have plain also. The vanilla is good; subtle and a little sweet, definitely not bitter. We have King Soopers out here, which is basically Kroger's, and I haven't found it there, but maybe you'll have better luck... I know we've tried Rice Dream, Wild Oats brand, and I think West Soy makes rice milk too...? Pacific is definitely my favorite. It was quite the catastrophe a few weeks ago when both of our HFS had big sales on Pacific rice milk, and we couldn't find ANY!! We had to settle for Rice Dream for a few days and it just wasn't the same. Now I make sure to keep a good stock in the pantry.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#301177 - 03/01/07 04:22 PM
LtDanFan

Thanks, I'm really getting excited about eating cereal when I'm stable

--------------------

Re: LtDanFan new
      #301211 - 03/01/07 11:16 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I like Pacific Rice too, but the plain one. The vanilla one is a little too sweet for me, especially on my cereal. At my local HFS I found a three-pack of 8oz boxes (one serving) of Rice Dream rice milk. It's more expensive than buying the regular size carton, but it's good if you just want to try out the different flavors (vanilla, original, or chocolate) or take it with you for lunch or something.

For the best tasting rice milk on your cereal, make sure to chill it first and shake the carton really well. Good luck, I hope you find a tasty substitute!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 538 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1193

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review