All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Don't understand myself
      #300344 - 02/20/07 07:00 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

I don't understand why I constantly sabotage myself. I have IBS-D. I've had it forever and have learned to live with the ups and downs and had a pretty stable diet until just a few weeks ago. However, I consistently have the same problem. I'm constantly sabotaging myself by eating something I KNOW is a trigger then worrying about wether I'll get sick or not (usually do). I know I have a bad relationship with food to begin with (I'm about 25 lbs overweight). Obviously I have some kind of mental issue with food. Why do I eat things that I know are going to make me sit in the bathroom for hours in pain? Anyone have any words of wisdom, advice or motivation. I think I'll go ask my DH for a hug!

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Don't understand myself new
      #300358 - 02/20/07 07:37 PM
wondersha

Reged: 02/09/07
Loc: Vancouver B.C

My words of wisdom are simple....DONT EAT IT!!!! It is never worth it. You need to have a way to constantly remind yourself of how great you feel when you don't cheat, How it feels to be stable. Perhaps when you are really sick ( from a food trigger) write a note to yourself that tells it like it is. The graphic detail of how you feel at the exact moment you are trapped in the bathroom. When you want to eat something you know you shouldn't go and read the note. Remind yourself of how bad it is, the discomfort and remember that in a lot of situations you can prevent that feeling. I too have a dysfunctional relationship with food. I hadn't truely realized how much so until I got really sick and had to watch what and how I ate. It's difficult. I have had to change my thinking and believe me when I want to eat something that I shouldn't It takes every ounce of self control I have to resist. But I am doing it because when I think of the other option. A life of pain, discomfort and embarrassment suddenly the chocolate bar doesn't look so good.
I hope that you feel better soon, and find a way to deal with your "food issues" in a healthy manner....there are ways...they are harder and usually take more time but in the end they are worth it...Good luck

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 942 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 382

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review